Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Can't Open 2022.9....Help? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=421784)

tomhartman 09-28-2022 12:11 PM

Can't Open 2022.9....Help?

1 Attachment(s)
Just downloaded. I have an Ultimate Perpetual license, viewable as active on iLOK .com registered to one of my iLOKS.

Upon trying to open the new update, I am receiving the attached error message. I have never used PT Studio or whatever it's called.

Any help appreciated, much work to do today....

jeffro 09-28-2022 12:46 PM

Re: Can't Open 2022.9....Help?

I'll check your account/license...

tomhartman 09-28-2022 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2648293)
I'll check your account/license...

Thanks so much Jeffro...

Just launched after a restart and it went to iLOK and said I had no licenses to activate....

jeffro 09-28-2022 01:01 PM

The Pro Tools Studio license is the perpetual parachute from the expired Subscription included with your Carbon. Make sure that's not activated, then Synchronize your iLok and try launching 2022.9 again (I did a manual license sync to make sure your licenses are aligned with your Upgrade Plan).

tomhartman 09-28-2022 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2648301)
The Pro Tools Studio license is the perpetual parachute from the expired Subscription included with your Carbon. Make sure that's not activated, then Synchronize your iLok and try launching 2022.9 again (I did a manual license sync to make sure your licenses are aligned with your Upgrade Plan).

I deactivated the PT Studio license. Then I did a re sync. Then opened PT and it said "Your PT Studio license has expired" and gave me a choice to activate or quit. It's like it doesn't even see the Ultimate license. Cannot open PT.

jeffro 09-28-2022 01:18 PM

I'll start up a support case to get more info to make sure we're looking at the right account, iLok, etc.

tomhartman 09-28-2022 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffro (Post 2648305)
I'll start up a support case to get more info to make sure we're looking at the right account, iLok, etc.

Much appreciated. Can't imagine this happening when I've been using Ultimate Daily forever, this update started the problem.

anearforgear 09-28-2022 02:16 PM

Re: Can't Open 2022.9....Help? / iLok issues!

Just chiming in here to say I'm having the same problem.

My details: Pro Tools Studio / MacMini 2018 / Big Sur (11.7)

Essentially the same thing happened when I tried to launch 2022.9 after having been successfully working in 2022.7 all day. My Pro Tools Studio annual upgrade/support plan was just renewed in August.

And now my iLok account (on both app and web) is showing either expired or missing Avid assets. The expiration date is listed as the date *just* before my renewal, so it seems to have rolled back to that date.

And now my Pro Tools is tanked until this is resolved. Help!

jeffro 09-28-2022 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anearforgear (Post 2648309)
Just chiming in here to say I'm having the same problem...

Different cause but same result - your license was not in sync with your Upgrade Plan. Please try launching PT now (synchronize your iLok in iLok License Manager if needed).

anearforgear 09-28-2022 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anearforgear (Post 2648309)
Just chiming in here to say I'm having the same problem.

My details: Pro Tools Studio / MacMini 2018 / Big Sur (11.7)

Essentially the same thing happened when I tried to launch 2022.9 after having been successfully working in 2022.7 all day. My Pro Tools Studio annual upgrade/support plan was just renewed in August.

And now my iLok account (on both app and web) is showing either expired or missing Avid assets. The expiration date is listed as the date *just* before my renewal, so it seems to have rolled back to that date.

And now my Pro Tools is tanked until this is resolved. Help!

...and like magic, I just logged into my iLok account (app) again and the app launched with an "auto sync" operation window briefly. Once that was gone and the main window was up I logged in and saw that the assets had been restored. All ok here now.

I will note that about 1.5-2 hours prior to this I did submit a ticket on iLok.com. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but thought I'd mention it.