Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Falcon license (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=412673)

danevaz 11-13-2020 07:59 PM

Falcon license

Hi All,

Is the Falcon (2.08) that comes free with ProTools a temporary (one year) license - or is it permanent? I have Pro Tools Vanilla, perpetual, good till 12/21.

And does this free version only work with ProTools or can I use it as a VI in my other DAWs?

It's been in my download area for over a year - just never got around to trying it.

Thanks,
Danny V.

Sardi 11-13-2020 09:30 PM

Re: Falcon license

Permanent for as long as you have an active subscription.

From memory, it only gives you access to the AAX installers. Can’t recall f the license activates a VST/AU installation. Someone else may be able to confirm that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

musicman691 11-14-2020 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sardi (Post 2583505)
Permanent for as long as you have an active subscription.

From memory, it only gives you access to the AAX installers. Can’t recall f the license activates a VST/AU installation. Someone else may be able to confirm that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the question being asked is does Falcon 2 continue to work if you're past the renewal of your regular non-subscription support/update plan.

kedavis 11-16-2020 01:26 AM

It's a temporary license and only AAX (as Sardi replied). It only works in Pro Tools. I have a perpetual license also and when my update and support plan expired, Falcon stopped working. When I purchased a new one, it started working again.

Another caveat is if you purchase additional UVI Falcon libraries (as I did) they will work in all of your DAWs. You will need the free UVI Workstation for them to work, or purchase a Falcon license.

Ru_C 01-20-2021 08:20 AM

Re: Falcon AAX plugin!

Many somebody could enlighten me about how Falcon licensing works? I've ignored it up until now as I didn't like the idea of using something that would disappear if I didn't keep paying .

I've currently got a Perpetual Ultimate Licence, & it looks like that gives me a 'years worth' of Falcon if I wish to download it, as well as a years worth of the AVID Pro plugins bundle.

What happens at the end of the year if I 'freeze' my version of Ultimate & don't pay £400 for another year of updates?

Does my Falcon licence disappear, or can I just get another year of that, the way (I think) I can with the plugin bundle?

..& also do I understand that its not quote the latest or full version that you get if you buy it outright?

Its a bit confusing to my tired old brain...

musicman691 01-20-2021 08:39 AM

Re: Falcon AAX plugin!

Quote:

Originally Posted by argealis (Post 2590806)
Hi!

I recently contact Avid support to ask when Falcon 2.1.1 will be availbale on our user account.

Here is the answer:
Unfortunately we didn't make this available yet, but this is a work in progress.
I don't have an estimated time for this though. I'm sorry I couldn't help more.

We must wait…

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ru_C (Post 2590816)
Many somebody could enlighten me about how Falcon licensing works? I've ignored it up until now as I didn't like the idea of using something that would disappear if I didn't keep paying .

I've currently got a Perpetual Ultimate Licence, & it looks like that gives me a 'years worth' of Falcon if I wish to download it, as well as a years worth of the AVID Pro plugins bundle.

What happens at the end of the year if I 'freeze' my version of Ultimate & don't pay £400 for another year of updates?

Does my Falcon licence disappear, or can I just get another year of that, the way (I think) I can with the plugin bundle?

..& also do I understand that its not quote the latest or full version that you get if you buy it outright?

Its a bit confusing to my tired old brain...

Given the answer argealis above got from Avid I don't hold out hope that Falcon will be available if you stop paying the Avid tax. This is but one reason I purchased it direct from UVI during one of their sales at 30% off. That and so I can use it standalone and in other daws.

Mookuk 04-15-2021 01:34 PM

Ive got a Pro Tools perpetual licence running 2021.3.1, downloaded FalconAvid 2.14 from my Avid account, installed it but when I run Pro Tools it says I don't have an active licence at the splash screen. when I looked in my iLok account it said the the licence had run out on 31/03/2021 but was renewed on 29/03/2021 for a year to run concurrently with my Pro Tools perpetual licence.

So what I wanna know is why did the licence only last 3 days?:confused: