Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   What is eveyone using the touch strips for? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=386453)

Brandonx1 11-18-2016 09:33 AM

What is eveyone using the touch strips for?

I can't find a use for them. I actually find them very hard to use. I never know if I actually hit them, hit them on accident all the time, and find them very hard to find. Why aren't these actual buttons?? If there some use for them Im over looking?

albee1952 11-18-2016 09:40 AM

Re: What is eveyone using the touch strips for?

If I had one, the first thing I would try on them would be zoom(horizontal and vertical):o

Brandonx1 11-18-2016 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2395909)
If I had one, the first thing I would try on them would be zoom(horizontal and vertical):o

They don't work like that. They are just 4 flat buttons in a row. You can't like swipe over them and hit all 4.

Cliffy_Boy 11-18-2016 01:13 PM

Actually you can swipe across all 4 along the horizontal strip. I use it for horizontal and vertical scrolling all the time. More direct than the wheel.

I've set zone 1 on the touch strip for horizontal scrolling and zone 2 for vertical scrolling. I press the zone on the strip and can now swipe left and right to scroll

Brandonx1 11-20-2016 09:23 AM

How do you have the buttons set up? in order 1234, do you have it +zoom, +zoom, -zoom, -zoom or something?

Cliffy_Boy 11-20-2016 10:47 AM

I have on the horizontal touch strip, button 1 set to Scroll Horizontally and button 2 to scroll vertically. Touch the button then swipe to scroll.

Admittedly it's a bit funky in that you need the first time to swipe a few times until it starts working. Then it's good for a while

docric 11-20-2016 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandonx1 (Post 2395905)
I can't find a use for them. I actually find them very hard to use. I never know if I actually hit them, hit them on accident all the time, and find them very hard to find. Why aren't these actual buttons?? If there some use for them Im over looking?

I'm with you- tried & tried to find different uses for these w/o success.
Had to remove their primary functions b/c I was false triggering them all the time.

Brandonx1 11-21-2016 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docric (Post 2396233)
I'm with you- tried & tried to find different uses for these w/o success.
Had to remove their primary functions b/c I was false triggering them all the time.

Especially on the s3. Right under the faders? Why?

reichman 11-21-2016 06:00 PM

Not really using the bottom 4 (I have them set to Move Sel). But the side 4 are my most common window configurations. Pretty useful!

bassmagnetic 11-23-2016 01:24 AM

On the Dock I use the horizontal strip at the bottom for

1 - increase nudge value
2 - decrease nudge value
3 - increase grid value
4 - decrease grid value

pleased with this setup, it's usable. As others have written it's difficult to know for sure if the touchstrip has responded to the touch, so I need to glance at the box in the PT toolbar to make sure I'm on the numbers I want when adjusting.