Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   computer freezes when opening session (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=230374)

stumpbuster 10-21-2008 06:02 AM

computer freezes when opening session

simply put, when i record a few tracks, close the session, then go and open it, it will only open SOMETIMES!

most of the time, it will load up, show the session on the screen, but will only get to about 30-40% when loading the tracks, and FREEZES.

i have to shut protools down at this point, and restart my computer.:mad:

I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA, M-BOX2 MINI, AXIOM 25 MIDI BOARD.

i used the tech line for hours! did the optimizations, turned off the spywear, reloaded protools many times, and thensome to try and get past this situation, and the tech guys are out of ideas.

THEY JUST SAY THAT VISTA IS "NOT A SUPPORTED SYSTEM" or somethin like that. im tending to agree with them now...

DO I JUST LOSE:confused:

i want to throw all this stuff into the street!!!

spkguitar 10-21-2008 06:08 AM

Re: computer freezes when opening session

We need a lot more information about your system to be able to help.

Please follow these instructions from the General Troubleshooting post:
Quote:

=====

Note: To enable other users to help you, please include all of your system details when posting an issue to the DUC; Pro Tools hardware, Pro Tools software version, CPU, OS version, Motherboard make/model, chipset, amount of RAM, type of hard drives used, etc.

- Please - Use SiSoftware's Sandra Lite application to generate a full system profile:

www.sisoftware.co.uk

Under SiSoftware Sandra, click on "Download & Buy" to download the free Sandra Lite version or purchase other versions. After installing Sandra, click on the 'Hardware' tab and run the 'Computer Overview', then copy and paste into your post here on the DUC.

and then these instructions:

• Download the TechSupport Utility
  • Install it.
  • Run it.
  • Select "Generate List".
  • Find the "Pro Tools Version List.txt" file on your desktop.
  • Open it.
  • Paste the contents here.

Scorpio253 10-25-2008 11:17 PM

It could be your plug-ins interfering. What plug-ins do you own? I have this problem sometimes but I make my plug-ins "in-active" before I close every session so it would load with no problems the next time I open.

stump1 10-28-2008 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpio253 (Post 1297870)
It could be your plug-ins interfering. What plug-ins do you own? I have this problem sometimes but I make my plug-ins "in-active" before I close every session so it would load with no problems the next time I open.

so you actually "check" the (NO INPUT) icon for each track, then when you open the session again you have to open each track with a plugin???

Scorpio253 10-29-2008 03:27 AM

Hold Ctrl and right click the plug in and hit "Make inactive". This will make the whole row inactive. Then when you reopen the session do the same thing to make active then you're good to go.

stump1 11-03-2008 11:17 AM

dude!
i cant thank you enough.

that works great.
a p.i.t.a., but atleast it works and you saved me from throwing all my chit off a cliff.

so when i "activate each track seperately while opening", they open fine and im in business.

it was just trying to open the "entire song" at once that the computer couldnt handle it.

thanx again SCORPIO!