Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   After 8 Bars recorded Problem with Playback (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=193181)

vandominic 03-23-2007 06:42 AM

After 8 Bars recorded Problem with Playback

Hello All,

I am a newbie at this so don’t be too harsh on me. I am having a problem once I have recorded my beat into Protools.

A little background:

I am using a Motif ES and an MPC4000. I use the MPC4000 to sequence and the Motif as a sound module. I have the ADAT installed in the MPC and the SPDIF both going into my Digi002. The Motif is hooked up analog, because I don’t think it has an option for digital. Anyway, when I record my 8 bars into Protools, everything is fine, sounds just like I am playing it from the MPC. But once I duplicate those 8 bars and play it back, in between the end of the 8 bar and beginning of the 9 bar there is a funny sound. It’s as if you can tell that I just duplicated the 8 bars instead of recording the whole beat into Protools. Does anyone know what would cause this?

Thanks in advance.

tomdiek 03-23-2007 07:43 AM

Re: After 8 Bars recorded Problem with Playback

It sounds to me like you may have a timing issue. Are you sure your tempos are matched? Do the 8 bars line up perfectly with the click in PT? You may need to edit your recorded loop as well to get them to run together smoothly.

vandominic 03-23-2007 08:01 AM

Quote:

It sounds to me like you may have a timing issue. Are you sure your tempos are matched? Do the 8 bars line up perfectly with the click in PT? You may need to edit your recorded loop as well to get them to run together smoothly.

The tempo in Protools matches the tempo I have in the MPC. I have not checked the click in PT. Why would I need to do that?

tomdiek 03-23-2007 08:09 AM

If I understood correctly you are creating an audio file from a MPC sequence. If your creating an audio file in PT from your sequence, I would check to be 100% sure that it's in time with Pro Tools.
Loops, especially 8 bar loops can sound like there in time until you loop them, then you realize there is drift. But if your initial 8 bars is linig up, then it's question of the length of the loop and you'll have to edit that. I hope this is making sense!

vandominic 03-23-2007 08:16 AM

Quote:

If I understood correctly you are creating an audio file from a MPC sequence. If your creating an audio file in PT from your sequence, I would check to be 100% sure that it's in time with Pro Tools.
Loops, especially 8 bar loops can sound like there in time until you loop them, then you realize there is drift. But if your initial 8 bars is linig up, then it's question of the length of the loop and you'll have to edit that. I hope this is making sense!

Yep I understand what you are saying and I appreciate you responding. How can I determine that the 8 bars are lining up?

tomdiek 03-23-2007 09:28 AM

What I would do is first listen very carefully to the 8 bars. If it's too hard to tell if it's off then you will have to experiment with the file. Zoom in and check the front and make sure there is no space before the sound starts. Also check the end and make sure that there is no space there either. You may have to just try several times, looping it and checking it. See if this gets you lined up!