Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

fredsparky 07-20-2004 06:32 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Hi Roy. Dream of Paradise Real Cool!!!

rogerhavoc 07-20-2004 07:31 PM

First of all… I feel terrible for not keeping up with you guys. But I got too busy lately.

While ago I asked Roy to collaborate with a song, and he did a GREAT Job. Also I made available for anybody to collaborate with vocals. James ( DUCier), took his time and wrote lyrics and recorded the vocals. He sent me and I never had the time to MIX.
Finally, today I did a mix, and I would like to thank JAMES and ROY very much for collaborating with this song.
Here is the Vocal version of Anger Management .

Thanks a lot James… You did an awesome job IMO.

Enjoy.

scottedog 07-20-2004 09:47 PM

Wow...I'm sitting here drinking my Coors Light feeling very humbled by the tunes posted recently. I think I've got some work to do, gotta go....

JonM 07-20-2004 09:57 PM

[quote
I have more at my MP3 site listed in my sig. feel free to leave abuse on my msg board, no-one else does

-Steve
-Cannot write lyrics and knows it.

[/QUOTE]

Doh! Stupid me. I checked out the other songs you have up there. ' Old Ladies in Mercedes ' creased me up too. Just how I feel about the old biddies too. In fact I'm going to burn it to CD so I can keep it handy to play when the frustration gets too much. The Beatlish break in the middle is really cool too. The whole track is very tight in both performance and production. Great work. And it nmakes me laugh.

Seriously though, have you thought of selling these to some kind of Spitting Image/Not the Nine O'Clock News/Monty Python type programme? (Showing my age here...) I wonder if they still make programmes like that. They would be just the thing for them.

And thanks for the kind words on my songs. Much appreciated.

And. as an aside, why the [bleep] can't we [bleep]ing use [bleep]y words like [bleep] or [bleep] or [bleep] on this [bleep]y board? What are we, [bleep]ing children???

Eddie D 07-21-2004 10:45 AM

SSRJazz,

Thanks for listening and commenting, I will take your advice on the lead guitar track, I assume its the lead......there are 3 guitars on this track. I wish more people would have commented since this is my first big mix session and me not being as experienced as you guys. I hope others will comment to make this the best it can be. I plan on putting this on my web site that is in the works, for my little humble home studio.

If anyone else has the time to Listen please do. Song "I love this Bar" dave cornell cover band recording.

http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/sportzzz2003

Thanks again SSRJazz ^5s

Eddie

Chris Cavell 07-21-2004 11:08 AM

Eddie,

Regarding "I Love This Bar":

Nice job. Things are clean and easily distinguishable...a sign of good mic technique from the onset.

I think the toms and kick may be a bit hot...as well as the bass. It isn't bass heavy in the classic sense though, you've done a good job of keeping the low end of the guitars from bunching up on the bass and kick. It's country: i.e. lyrics are number one on the priority list, so bump 'em up a notch. There are a couple tom hits near the beginning that seem to jump out at me and boom a bit: a little eq and perhaps gating (to shape the transient response more than anything) combined with the small level differences mentioned earlier would fix that right up.

One small personal preference...try a coincident stereo micing on the acoustic...I'm not big on the DI sound, and a good natural stereo image or two would really help to flesh out the stereo image without clouding anything.

Really though, well done! Keep in mind that all these suggestions should be done in a subtle fashion...don't go overboard with any of it. This is really good for a first time go at mixing an entire band!

Eddie D 07-21-2004 11:36 AM

Thanks Chris,

You couldnt have broken it done better, and built confidence at the same time. I really appreciate your input. I will go back thru it and do a little better job of critical listening to the areas you pointed and make adjustments to the mix. As far as micing goes still have alot to learn just not enough bands to record at the moment to try different techniques.

Thanks again

Eddie

xnorfin 07-21-2004 12:04 PM

Holy crap Roger, "Anger Management" sounds absolutely amazing man! The guitar tone is killer, and the vocals are bang on. Excellent tune.

shabbadoo 07-21-2004 02:37 PM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

nice work everyone. (although I can't get many your links to work vicwind)
and thanks as well for turning me onto soundclick.
I'm setting my own band up there right now as we speak!

fredsparky 07-21-2004 06:38 PM

Here's one with Graveleye's drummer Ron Compton playing with me live about 15 years ago before another band stole our break. Crank it.

http://www.mp3.com.au/PlayASX.ASP?id...&File=Test.asx