Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   PT Only Recognizing Inputs 1-2! Please help (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=260865)

Alexrkstr 12-05-2009 09:56 PM

PT Only Recognizing Inputs 1-2! Please help

I upgraded from Mbox 2 to the 003 Control Surface; everything is perfect but PT only recognizes inputs 1 and 2. :confused: How do I change this so that it recognizes all of them?

EDIT: I think I solved it by creating the inputs under I/O.

How do I get my mac to recognize the 003 for all audio applications? When I go to Audio/MIDI it does not recognize it....

BradLyons 12-06-2009 05:48 AM

Re: PT Only Recognizing Inputs 1-2! Please help

It sounds like you pulled up a previous session which only would have had 2-channels of I/O. If you go into your audio patchbay routing section---you'll be able to create more channels. It sounds like you have done that now and it's okay, yes?

Alexrkstr 12-06-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradLyons (Post 1508220)
It sounds like you pulled up a previous session which only would have had 2-channels of I/O. If you go into your audio patchbay routing section---you'll be able to create more channels. It sounds like you have done that now and it's okay, yes?

Yes, thanks for the help that is what I did.

I still can't get my Mac to use the 003 as the audio interface for everything though. Any suggestions?

sparq 12-06-2009 08:24 AM

you said you can't get it to recognize everything else. like what?

Alexrkstr 12-06-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparq (Post 1508267)
you said you can't get it to recognize everything else. like what?

Only one thing does not work: the Mac playing the iTunes or YouTube videos through the 003 as when I go to the AUdio/MIDI settings it does not recognize it. Everything else works fine (I had to work with the I/Os for a while to get it to work, but got it working).

sparq 12-06-2009 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexrkstr (Post 1508268)
Only one thing does not work: the Mac playing the iTunes or YouTube videos through the 003 as when I go to the AUdio/MIDI settings it does not recognize it.

did you try going into (mac os) system preferences and then clicking on sound
then click on output then selecting the digi 003?

Alexrkstr 12-06-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparq (Post 1508271)
did you try going into (mac os) system preferences and then clicking on sound
then click on output then selecting the digi 003?

Yes, and even though I can NOW select it, the 003 says "working..." but there is no sound coming out of it...

sparq 12-06-2009 08:40 AM

are you trying to play itunes while you have PT open? in my experience, you have to have PT closed in order to use the interface to play anything else from the mac. itunes or anything else has to use the core audio driver and you can't use that and PT at the same time.

Alexrkstr 12-06-2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparq (Post 1508275)
are you trying to play itunes while you have PT open? in my experience, you have to have PT closed in order to use the interface to play anything else from the mac. itunes or anything else has to use the core audio driver and you can't use that and PT at the same time.

No, everything is closed but Safari and it doesn't route the sound that way... not sure what to try now. Do I have to download a core audio driver?

sparq 12-06-2009 08:54 AM

with all applications closed, goto the finder in the mac, browse to applications, digidesign then look for the digidesign coreaudio manager. double click it and tell me if it says connected.