Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools | Carbon (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   I/O Error Regarding Output Paths (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=415747)

quicksticks4 06-15-2021 09:56 AM

I/O Error Regarding Output Paths

1 Attachment(s)
Getting the following error message which is not allowing me to make any I/O adjustments:

"You haven't assigned outputs for a new output path. Please assign outputs to it, or delete the path."

Screenshot attached.

Not sure if this is Carbon specific, but it has only recently appeared. Have tried defaulting all tabs as well as deleting all but the main output path.

Kyle Splittgerber 06-15-2021 10:38 AM

Re: I/O Error Regarding Output Paths

What's the Monitor Path assignment in the bottom right of the Output tab? Try changing that to MON L-R if it's not assigned to that output. If it is assigned to MON L-R, try assigning it to 'no output' and/or a different output path and closing IO Setup. If that works, go back to IO Setup and assign the Monitor Path to MON L-R if necessary.

If that doesn't work, go to Hardware Setup and switch the Headphone Sources to each individual headphone (HP 1 : HP 1, HP 2 : HP 2, etc) and disable Main monitor set, then default IO Setup. If that works then go back to Hardware Setup and re-enable Main and Headphones Sources as desired.

quicksticks4 06-28-2021 05:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Kyle,

Thanks for responding. No luck with those solutions, unfortunately. The Monitor path assignment is grayed out (attachment 1).

When trying to make the hardware setup adjustments and defaulting I/O, the results were strange (attachment 2) and still no luck being able to save them anyway. Same error message as before.

Kyle Splittgerber 06-29-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quicksticks4 (Post 2605962)
Hey Kyle,

Thanks for responding. No luck with those solutions, unfortunately. The Monitor path assignment is grayed out (attachment 1).

When trying to make the hardware setup adjustments and defaulting I/O, the results were strange (attachment 2) and still no luck being able to save them anyway. Same error message as before.

I see two MON L-R paths, which could be the root of the problem. Can you delete the second one with the "?" appearing in the chiclets? That's very odd!

Also, your ADAT assignments are reversed. Is that intentional? It's really looking like I/O Setup is just in a bad state. Have you tried deleting Pro Tools preferences? If not, do that. Then, create a new session and delete all output paths in I/O Setup, then click Default.

Additionally, you can try a settings reset of the Carbon unit if you haven't already:

1 Lower the volume on all output devices and mute your speakers.
2 Power off the unit.
3 Press and hold the Meter button while powering on the unit.
4 Hold the Meter button for 20 seconds while the device front panel is lights in the green start-up state.
5 After this, release the Meter button. The device starts up with the default settings after the Meter button is released.

quicksticks4 07-02-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber (Post 2606149)
I see two MON L-R paths, which could be the root of the problem. Can you delete the second one with the "?" appearing in the chiclets? That's very odd!

Also, your ADAT assignments are reversed. Is that intentional? It's really looking like I/O Setup is just in a bad state. Have you tried deleting Pro Tools preferences? If not, do that. Then, create a new session and delete all output paths in I/O Setup, then click Default.

These odd I/O issues only appeared after the defaulting troubleshooting that we were trying earlier. They don't appear when opening a fresh session. I was still unable to save the changes anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber (Post 2606149)
Additionally, you can try a settings reset of the Carbon unit if you haven't already:

Tried this and found similar results to powering on/off/ Solves the issue momentarily, but then the same error occurs (AAE 7050) after another 30 minutes or so. I can't find any info about this error code anywhere. Any resources?

I'm having trouble locating Pro Tools preferences (in order to trash) on Big Sur. Can you advise where they would be and which files to delete?

Thank you!

Kyle Splittgerber 07-02-2021 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quicksticks4 (Post 2606637)
These odd I/O issues only appeared after the defaulting troubleshooting that we were trying earlier. They don't appear when opening a fresh session. I was still unable to save the changes anyway.

Tried this and found similar results to powering on/off/ Solves the issue momentarily, but then the same error occurs (AAE 7050) after another 30 minutes or so. I can't find any info about this error code anywhere. Any resources?

I'm having trouble locating Pro Tools preferences (in order to trash) on Big Sur. Can you advise where they would be and which files to delete?

Thank you!

So, is this issue session specific? If you use 'Import Session Data' to import from the problematic session to a new session does the problem go away?

To delete your preferences:
–Close Pro Tools and launch Finder.
–Click Go and select Go to Folder…
–Enter ~/Library/Preferences/Avid and click Go.
–Delete the Pro Tools folder.
-Relaunch Pro Tools

7050 error indicates a hardware resourcing issue. You can also try changing the Device Configuration in Audio MIDI Setup to see if that has any effect. For how to do that, see pg 42 of the Carbon guide HERE.

quicksticks4 07-05-2021 06:29 AM

The issue was persisting across sessions settings. But after deleting the PT preferences things seems to be working so far!

I will keep you posted if the issue returns.

Thanks so much for your help!

Kyle Splittgerber 07-07-2021 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quicksticks4 (Post 2606874)
The issue was persisting across sessions settings. But after deleting the PT preferences things seems to be working so far!

I will keep you posted if the issue returns.

Thanks so much for your help!

Ok, glad to hear it!

jakub_hribik 10-18-2021 07:20 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Kyle,

I'm encountering the same issue, but unfortunately trashing the Preferences Folder kinda fixes it for like 15 minutes or so and then Im back to the same issue. Btw, is the Power On Button LED supposed to be light green (I believe it is supposed to be white when ON, pls see the attached image). It's driving me crazy and I've already lost at least a week of paid work due to this - it's super annoying during tracking. Even if I don't use the DSP armed tracks, it keeps disabling my main outputs and forces me to disable the main MON LR in Hardware tab and default all the Ouputs like you advised just to get going for another 30 minutes. My AUDIO MIDI Setup looks like img #3 and it's been like that for a year. Since I upgraded Pro Tools to 2021.7.0 along with the Carbon firmware update it all started acting weird. Thank you for your prompt response...I am unable to work this way. Used to have and HD I/O and an HDX card and never had this many problems and PT crashes..Im trying really hard to like this Carbon thing but it's failed me so many times during the last year.

jakub_hribik 10-25-2021 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber (Post 2607196)
Ok, glad to hear it!

Hi Kyle,

I'm encountering the same issue, but unfortunately trashing the Preferences Folder kinda fixes it for like 15 minutes or so and then Im back to the same issue. Btw, is the Power On Button LED supposed to be light green (I believe it is supposed to be white when ON, pls see the attached image). It's driving me crazy and I've already lost at least a week of paid work due to this - it's super annoying during tracking. Even if I don't use the DSP armed tracks, it keeps disabling my main outputs and forces me to disable the main MON LR in Hardware tab and default all the Ouputs like you advised just to get going for another 30 minutes. My AUDIO MIDI Setup looks like img #3 and it's been like that for a year. Since I upgraded Pro Tools to 2021.7.0 along with the Carbon firmware update it all started acting weird. Thank you for your prompt response...I am unable to work this way. Used to have and HD I/O and an HDX card and never had this many problems and PT crashes..Im trying really hard to like this Carbon thing but it's failed me so many times during the last year.
Attached Thumbnails