Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Seem to have lost 90% of my RTAS ability? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=253199)

crizdee 08-29-2009 11:02 AM

Seem to have lost 90% of my RTAS ability?

Hi,

Not sure whats happening, but as soon as i insert some RTAS plugs i start getting serious playback glitches. its as if i have the hardware buffer really low, but its at 512:confused:

I've re-booted but i'm still getting it and i'm having to leave RTAS out at the moment. i can't think whats gone wrong and i have clients in so can't troubleshoot very much.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Chris

Keybeeetsss 08-29-2009 11:38 AM

Re: Seem to have lost 90% of my RTAS ability?

Wowww:eek:

Only quick thing since u have a client there is maybe trash the databases folders & see if that may help something... What plugs is it? Or is it any one of them? (RTAS)

crizdee 08-29-2009 12:20 PM

Well i think it could be the UAD-2 card, but i can't totally be sure yet. i have only 3 small uad plugs in the session but it looks like they are the cause of this.

Buffer is at 512 and i've tried the options in the uad panel for extra buffering.

Keybeeetsss 08-29-2009 12:30 PM

Oh.. More Ghost in the Machine:eek::eek:

Danny Caccavo 08-29-2009 02:13 PM

Are you getting the glitches with the error suppression on or off, or both?

dc

crizdee 08-29-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Caccavo (Post 1449539)
Are you getting the glitches with the error suppression on or off, or both?

dc

both!
won't be able to fully troubleshoot this till early next week. but it seems to be on sessions with quite high track counts. i thinking maybe there's some conflict with the PCI bus and the UAD2 card.

Up till now i have been using the UAD ok but on small mastering sessions. now i'm running a large mix i can hardly run any UAD and RTAS at the same time:confused: unless there's some conflict with a specific plugin that i don't normally use, but its mostly waves with just a few others in this mix.

Chris

studiojimi 08-29-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crizdee (Post 1449562)
both!

Up till now i have been using the UAD ok but on small mastering sessions. now i'm running a large mix i can hardly run any UAD and RTAS at the same time:confused: unless there's some conflict with a specific plugin that i don't normally use, but its mostly waves with just a few others in this mix.
Chris

you've help so many many people here Chris, I hate to see you having crazy stuff goin on with your rig.

plugz are funny sometimes...just to try have you tried contol/apple clicking on and off each plug in

this has often resolved digital confusion for me

as with now with digital...it it is either on or off or confused about about what it is during those quirky time

with anolugue things can be worn or broken.

at least with the dig you have a chance to reset and roll

i hope you get her sussed.