Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Is there a shortcut for PT to stop at the end of a selection? digi,PLEASE SETTLE THIS (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=26146)

leon777 08-09-2002 07:51 AM

Is there a shortcut for PT to stop at the end of a selection? digi,PLEASE SETTLE THIS

When I highlight an area in a track I press Control 5, the selection starts at the beginning of the
selection but continues to play after it reaches the end of the selection. This drives me nuts!

There's got to be a way for the selection to stop playing when it reaches the end of the selection. What am I doing wrong?

Leon [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

FajitaTone 08-09-2002 08:30 AM

Re: Is there a shortcut for PT to stop at the end of a selection? digi,PLEASE SETTLE THIS

toggle "insertion follows playback" I believe it's "n" when in cmd-focus mode.

leon777 08-09-2002 10:09 AM

Re: Is there a shortcut for PT to stop at the end of a selection? digi,PLEASE SETTLE THIS

Thanks for the info. It just doesn't work for me. The region continue to playing. It just won't stop!

What's up here?

Leon

uno1234 08-09-2002 10:37 AM

do you have post roll on?

leon777 08-09-2002 11:28 AM

leon777 08-09-2002 07:42 PM

I turned off Postroll. Still does not work.

Anyone else have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Mark Haliday 08-10-2002 04:11 AM

As often the answer lies in the manuals, under the self explanatory heading : Playing Selections

"1 Make sure to select Operations > Link Edit and
Timeline Selection."

p 204 (p 218 on the pdf version) Pro Tools Reference Guide (PT 5.1)

p 170 (p 182 pdf)Pro Tools Reference Guide (PT 5.01)

leon777 08-10-2002 08:05 AM

Hi all,

I've done it all. I'm familiar with the manual also. Maybe I'm missing something in it or maybe I am not explaining myself properly... I am trying to get the selection to play without all the other tracks playing.

After trying all of the above the selected area still continues to play past the end point. The only way I can get it to work is by:

1-making the selection
2-soloing the track
3-press play or Option 5
4- press solo again to enable all tacks.

Also, the closest I've come to accomplishing this is by setting the "Numeric Keyboard Mode" to
"Shuttle" - This way I get the selection to play soloed but the problem is when I press Control 5 it
only plays 1 second of the selection and stops - quite frustrating!

Digi, are you hearing me? I need help...

mizieg 08-10-2002 03:10 PM

Hi Leon777

Try delete the prefs - it worked for me.

Regards
Michael Ziegler
Denmark

leon777 08-11-2002 01:04 PM

Michael,

Thanks. I just trashed the prefs. Still a "no go".
I must be doing something wrong. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
Is there more than 1 pref to trash?

Someones got to have the answer. HELP!!!

Leon [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]