Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   OT-...What are you working on right now? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=72034)

Roy Howell 02-22-2003 11:12 AM

OT-...What are you working on right now?

Pro or non-pro projects or songs, doesn't matter...I'm just curious and interested in what you guys are into presently. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Me, I'm working of a few projects, but what I'm into the most is a long version of a song called 'Moonbeam Seduction', trying to keep it interesting for 7-8 minutes.
How about you guys?

thanks, Roy

kCmCg 02-22-2003 11:26 AM

Re: OT-...What are you working on right now?

Working on a couple gospel projects. One of the singers Im working with is absolutley amazing. We had her lay down a scratch vocal and it was so good we just kept it...is almost flawless everytime. Problem is shes so dynamic I have to compress the snot of it just to avoid clipping to tape [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Paul Curtiz 02-22-2003 11:39 AM

I'm currently revamping a bunch of unreleased older songs of mine, and actually really surprised at how well they stand the test of time.

On the pro side, it's business as usual, can't complain here, lots of commercials (last week was Ford, Dove Shampoo, La Vache Qui Rit - "the smiling cow", it's a french cheese - I haven't checked on the coming week's planning yet). We had a slower time after last summer, but since december it's chaos again. Hard work, but no complaints.

And we have a nice collaboration going on with Soundsurfer and Roy, I think it's going to be a really good track.

from Brussels, signing off

Bastiaan 02-22-2003 01:10 PM

working on a song for Mr Howell himself [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Creating some promo's of MIB II

Busy with a long-term music mixing project

Roy Howell 02-22-2003 01:32 PM

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Calvin 02-22-2003 02:45 PM

II am currently working on NOTHING.... ha ha ha ha. You win, absolutely nothing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

graveleye 02-22-2003 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Calvin:
II am currently working on NOTHING.... ha ha ha ha. You win, absolutely nothing. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And I have just begun doing nothing for the evening too.
I just got done with a sesh with a talented local songwriter named Scott Roberts. Another vocal day, which is my favorite past of recording any song. Six tracks of vocals and they are sounding grand!
I had intended on working on some of my own stuff, but we went a little long, and my ears are dead.
In a bit, shiney new strings for the Les Paul. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

da BaSsTaRd! 02-22-2003 03:49 PM

i just finished up working on a session in sonar, so that i could collaborate with a friend that has no PT. poor bastard...

Roy Howell 02-22-2003 04:28 PM

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

stut5 02-22-2003 10:47 PM

Hey Roy,
I'm working on a tune thats been on the shelf for a while.It's called Ding Dong the Serial Killer's Dead.This one will be my DUC debut.I'm hoping to get it done by next weekend.
P.S/ still havn't heard from th publisher.
Later Stu