Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   OMS won't install on macOSX .help! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=98325)

Belle 02-24-2004 08:38 AM

OMS won\'t install on macOSX .help!

I'm new at this, just got my mbox , trying to intall pro-tools but it won't work without the OMS, and OMS isn't installing on my computer. I'm on OSX and my hard drive has no partitions. Can anyone help. If I upgrade to OSX Pro-tools LE , will i need OMS still?
how can I solve this?
thanxxx

reztowel 02-24-2004 08:41 AM

Re: OMS won\'t install on macOSX .help!

You don't need OMS on OSX. You deal with these issues with the "Audio MIDI Setup" in your "Applications/Utilities" folder.

41217 02-24-2004 08:44 AM

OMS does not run under OSX, It only works with Protools under OS9! iNstead Didi use AMS, IS that what you mean??

Belle 02-24-2004 08:47 AM

but my pro-tols won't even starrt running.. what do i do in the folder?
sorry.. i'm an absolute newby.
x

Slim Shady 02-24-2004 08:50 AM

Sounds like you are trying to install ProTools 5.x in the classic environment - This absolutely will not work. You must have PT 6.x to run in OS X (check the compatibility pages). Please post more info about your system (OS version, computer model, amount of RAM etc.), and we can help you with exactly which version you need to upgrade to.

Belle 02-24-2004 08:53 AM

I have the installer CD for LE 5.2.1 , my system in OSX 10.2.8 , i have no partitions . How can i upgrade, do I have to purchase any software ?
When i try to run pro-tools, it come on classic, but it stop saying there was a problem with the DAE , and when i intalled it it said i needed OMS .
thanxxx

pk_hat 02-24-2004 09:20 AM

Only PT 6 and up will run in OSX.
More info here.

Belle 02-24-2004 09:36 AM

hi slim,
do you know what is the procedure to save all my info and software before i do partition my hard disc ?
x

Belle 02-24-2004 09:39 AM

HI, the error that shows up is DAE error -6009
x

clockface 02-24-2004 09:43 AM

Hi, you do not need to partition your HD. You need to either boot your computer in OS 9 and reinstall PT 5 with OMS, or you need to purchase the PT 6 upgrade and install that in OSx. Your software will not work in OS 10.anything. Period. And with PT 5, you will need to boot in OS 9 every time you want to use the program, it will not work in OSx/Classic. Hope this helps.