Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Copy... Paste... Paste... Paste...? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=154402)

accession 12-10-2005 05:14 AM

Copy... Paste... Paste... Paste...?

Hi all,

Searched forum and manual already. I'm not after the "special paste" function, rather I used to be able to hit "Apple+V" as many times I wished for the copied section to paste. At present, the section appears to paste on the same spot, and not one after the other along the timeline.

I'm sure it's a bleedingly simple fix, and I've just lost something in the PT5 to PT7 upgrade...

Cheers.

RadioMoo 12-10-2005 06:06 AM

Re: Copy... Paste... Paste... Paste...?

Duplicate...Command+D

accession 12-10-2005 06:09 AM

Quote:

Duplicate...Command+D

Cheers for the prompt reply. It's been almost 2 1/2 years since I've had my hands on my rig. Feeling rather rusty.

Rail Jon Rogut 12-10-2005 09:26 AM

Region Loop.

Rail

RadioMoo 12-10-2005 04:55 PM

Quote:

Region Loop.

Region Loop?

Rail Jon Rogut 12-10-2005 05:27 PM

Yes, in Pro Tools 7 use "Region Loop".

Rail

g.holland07999 02-14-2017 03:46 AM

if you click on the line that you want to paste to and
drag down and right [creating a darkened section] that you want to paste into
then paste, it works

basslik 01-17-2022 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by accession (Post 902872)
Cheers for the prompt reply. It's been almost 2 1/2 years since I've had my hands on my rig. Feeling rather rusty.

I have a question regarding the command if I may.

When I duplicate anything in grid mode, it will duplicate the first duplicate and line up perfect in grid mode as the first region which is exactly let say a four bar region. Then do another duplicate the region fall short of the grid.

Or it can actually be the region even be longer than the time grid ?

What am I do wrong. I tried searching and searching and haven't found an answer yet.

Thank you and have a great and prosperous year.

albee1952 01-17-2022 01:56 PM

I would have started a new thread for this:o Having said that, are you sure the pasted clip is exactly the length to fit the grid(it needs to be)?

basslik 01-18-2022 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albee1952 (Post 2625658)
I would have started a new thread for this:o Having said that, are you sure the pasted clip is exactly the length to fit the grid(it needs to be)?

Yeah it's really strange. it starts to stray off a sample, and when I realign it's like the grid is off. But the audio region is dead on the couple of duplicates.