Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Keyboard shortcuts for macbook (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=207685)

Rectifried 10-19-2007 12:10 PM

Keyboard shortcuts for macbook

As a longtime HD user I finally got an LE setup with a Macbookpro
however all the {apple+1= transport.etc} commands are not the same on the macbook...have I missed something with the world of mac...i cant find anything about this on this site...or its very discretly tucked away...
thanks
H

webby 10-19-2007 12:34 PM

Re: Keyboard shortcuts for macbook

You will need to also hold the function key (fn).....

Rectifried 10-19-2007 01:04 PM

thanks for the reply
but holding the fn and the apple key plus a number 1 doesnt not show/hide the transport or any other of the windows..anyone else want to guess this?

webby 10-20-2007 02:20 AM

Are you using the numeric keypad numbers? I use a Macbook and this works for me. Function +Command + 5 for example will open your memory location window. Function +Command +1 should also open your transport.

Defo works, use it all the time.

Shawn Simpson 10-20-2007 12:39 PM

Sure. This isn't a guess...

Webby is right. You have to hold down the function keys and actually press the "alternate numeric keypad" keys located on the right side of the keyboard. J=1, K=2, L=3, U-4, etc...

If you enable the num lock function you can use those alternate keys without pressing the fn key.

Rectifried 10-20-2007 02:13 PM

Yes webby and shawn thanks your very right.I didnt notice this...
But the real function Im missing now is the; turn off click [7], or midi merge[9]...that are accessed from the numeric keypad on the right side of the mac full keyboard...Midi is hard enough in pt..
thanks for your help

webby 10-21-2007 04:09 AM

7, 8, 9 numeric keys are reflected on the normal 7, 8, 9 keys.

Rectifried 10-22-2007 02:36 AM

thank you webby....i needed the numbers lock..

Lisle 08-14-2011 11:06 PM

I'm re-opening this issue in the hopes that someone else is experiencing a new problem: I'm running PT9 on my 2010 aluminum unibody Macbook Pro 6,2 (Rev H), and system 10.6.8. This model has no num lock key, and no alternate number values for J,K & L like the previous Macbooks did. I'm trying to access the window shortcuts with no success. I bought an external Targus USB numeric keypad (PAUK10U) in the hopes that it give me this functionality, and although it works for numeric entries, no luck with the windows, even with different fn and command/apple key combos. Has any genius figured this out for the newer Macbooks?

jeremiahmoore 08-11-2022 12:25 AM

Ha, reviving this thread for M1 Macbook Pro in 2022!

Anyone found a way to access numeric keypad using the laptop keyboard?

I am using a utility called Karabiner to map the right "opt" key to numeric-keypad "enter" key... which minimally allows me to create markers...

But I really want to find a way to access all numeric numbers...

On previous 2012 laptop I did this with Fn + number keys, enter, and period.

-jeremiah