Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

superpenguin79 08-10-2005 11:40 AM

Re: Doc\'s new tunes

Doc: New Rothman ones sound cool man! I have been doing a lot more setting up of three mics with acoustic stuff lately for that live feel also. I even set up 6 mics all around me with two at head level front and back about 3 ft out and one in front of the acoustic pointed at the bridge, two on the sides of me about 3 ft out, and one behind me about 3 ft back and it sounded really cool with everything panned accordingly and in a stereo track. talk about surround sound.. hehe Can't wait to hear more from the record though man, you guys have some great stuff going on there! Talk to you later man. peace

Super Seven 08-11-2005 11:38 AM

Re: Solo CD.....

Hey everyone. I just posted up some samples. I am working with a drummer in Montreal, (I am in Manitoba) and things are going great. We transfer everything over the net. Gotta love technology.

He tracks all the drums in Logic on that mac and then sends me the tracks as wavs, I then import into PTLE at my end and mix in PT.

Here are some samples would love fo you to check out:
New Drums Samples

Enjoy, I know I am.

Ducky 08-11-2005 11:55 AM

Nice refreshing tunes (tones)
Took me a minute to get my head back to normal after the intro panning on Disillusion though

Nice work

superpenguin79 08-11-2005 11:57 AM

Congrats on the drums Scott! sounds like you guys are having a blast with it there. Did you record everything plugged in with an acoustic/electric for the guitars? Was just curious caus it sounds like it is missing a bit of room reverb to it if it was a normal acoustic for some reason. The playing sounds good though. Goodluck on the new record! peace

Super Seven 08-11-2005 12:33 PM

"Nice refreshing tunes (tones)
Took me a minute to get my head back to normal after the intro panning on Disillusion though

Nice work "

Thanks alot ... ya.. the panning is whacky in the beginning...on purpose of course

Congrats on the drums Scott! sounds like you guys are having a blast with it there. Did you record everything plugged in with an acoustic/electric for the guitars? Was just curious caus it sounds like it is missing a bit of room reverb to it if it was a normal acoustic for some reason. The playing sounds good though. Goodluck on the new record! peace

Thanks, SP79, you are correct. Unfortunately, I don't have any real gear to record the abience and get good results. The drums have brought so much to the mix and the tunes though. The drummer I am working with is really good and having alot of fun, as you can tell . I am still not done, as I get new tracks from the drummer, I am remixing and re-tracking guitars (as needed). I might see bout renting some gear, (great pre's and mics) and re track some of the acoutics tracks to bring even more to the mix.

Thanks alot for listening.
Scott

yyyguy 08-11-2005 11:12 PM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

Well, here's my first attempt. I wrote it as a song to promote the Free State Project (www.freestateproject.org).

No keyboards or midi or software sounds. Played all the guitars and did the vocals myself. The drums are from a cool shareware program called Doggie Box.

Project: Free State

Roy Howell 08-13-2005 09:50 AM

Re: Doc\'s new tunes

Both tracks sound good, Chris...nice job. Post more.

-Roy

Greg B 08-13-2005 10:11 AM

A first post

Howdy,

That's The Way Of The World

I just got done recapping and retubing a 64 Fender Bassman with 4-10" speakers, and picked this song to record with the amp, since covers are easier than originals (so I thought). It's EWF's That' The Way Of The World. I was hindered (or helped) by not having the original for reference. It's a LONG song, so I really had to stretch my three party tricks.

I've also got about 8 months on PT now, and finally learned the diff between edit and mix windows. And who knew there were TWO windows??

EWF is a fanastic organization, and I learned a ton from this tune, both chords and structure. The KB, strings and bass are computer, drums are Mark dba www.slimvolume.com . Lead guitar is a LP with burstbuckers, R121 into STT1 with tube and Xformer engaged. I think this amp chassis will ultimately be coupled to 12"s for fuller chording, but the 10"s do a good lead tone, but seem a little nasal.

Angus meets Maurice over in the produce section...

Roy Howell 08-13-2005 10:12 PM

Re: A first post

Greg...really enjoyed that...nice guitar sounds, and some tasteful playing...good mix as well. Good job...

-Roy

surely 08-14-2005 07:12 AM

Re:

hi, posted "headache" without vocals before here, now some more songs of my band surely are done.. mixing isn`t completly finished yet, but I`d like to know how you guys like it so far....
eternity
headache