Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools Express on Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Pro Tools Express - ‘Move Unauthorized Plug-ins’ error (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=410888)

Supersonic_104 06-25-2020 02:18 AM

Pro Tools Express - ‘Move Unauthorized Plug-ins’ error

Hey all, hoping someone here can help!

I upgraded from a laptop to a PC, and moved over/re-installed all of my DAW software, files, plug-ins, etc. I’m using Pro Tools Express (32-bit) that came with the M-Audio M-Track Plus I originally purchased. In terms of plug-ins, I have: Xpand!2; SONiVOX Twist; SONiVOX Wobble. NB/ I have all the relevant licences/authorisations for the software and plug-ins on my iLok.

So far, Pro Tools Express and Xpand!2 have worked with no issues. However, every time I open Pro Tools Express, I get the ‘Move Unauthorized Plug-ins’ error message:

Pro Tools could not load the following plug-ins either because no valid authorization could be found, the iLok key was not connected or the plug-in was damaged:

Wobble 2.aaxplugin
Twist 2.aaxplugin

I’ve tried a number of things already such as: uninstalling and reinstalling software/plug-ins; ensuring software/drivers are up-to-date; ensuring all relevant files are installed in the correct places; and deleting Pro Tools preferences.

Anything else I could try?

Specs below:
  • DAW: Pro Tools Express | Ver 10.3.3 (32-bit)
  • Audio Interface: M-Audio M-Track Plus
  • PC Model: HP Pavilion
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80 GHz
  • Installed RAM: 8.00 GB (7.84 GB usable)

Thanks!

albee1952 11-21-2021 08:47 AM

Re: Pro Tools Express - ‘Move Unauthorized Plug-ins’ error

I know this is late, but....
If those 2 plugins are not needed, I would navigate to the plugins folder and remove them. You could delete them or move from the Plugins folder to the Plugins(unused) folder. Its been a while so I am digging deep into my semi-fried brain, but I think the path is:
C:/Program Files(x86)/Common Files/Digidesign/DAE/Plugins

Ben Jenssen 11-21-2021 12:47 PM

Also, I would be very surprised if PT Express on Windows 10 was a supported configuration. Not that it wouldn't work at all…

Ben Jenssen 11-21-2021 01:10 PM

Those two plugins are probably 64 bits AAX. I'm unshure, but was there ever a version of PTExpress that used AAX plugins at all? Whether 32- or 64-bits? What are the filename endings of the other plugins in your plugin folder? .dpm? That's RTAS.

saif.m 07-21-2022 10:31 AM

Those two plugins are probably 64 bits AAX. I'm unshure, but was there ever a version of PTExpress that used AAX plugins at all? Whether 32- or 64-bits? What are the filename endings of the other plugins in your plugin folder? .dpm? That's RTAS.

-----------------------------------------------------------
SAHLA MAHLA

Ben Jenssen 07-21-2022 10:53 AM

What's this? Saif.m, did you just make a mistake? Are you a "bot"? I don't even dare to click on your "salamala"-link. Moderators?