Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   EuControl & Mac Studio (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=419576)

WilliamHarp 04-11-2022 10:09 AM

EuControl & Mac Studio

Hello,

I recently upgraded to a Mac Studio with the M1 Ultra CPU.

Im running the latest version of macOS, Pro Tools, and EuControl -- all of which are supported according the docs. However, my S1 & Dock will not work with Pro Tools. EuControl recognizes the devices and I can even get the controllers working with Premiere Pro, however I cannot get Pro Tools to take control of the faders. I know the Mac Studio is new so Im not sure if there is anyone that can report success or any potential troubleshooting steps.

I'm able to get my setup working on a M1 MacBook Pro and I figured it wouldn't worked the same on the Studio!

its2loud 04-11-2022 04:52 PM

Re: EuControl & Mac Studio

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamHarp (Post 2632870)
Hello,

I recently upgraded to a Mac Studio with the M1 Ultra CPU.

Im running the latest version of macOS, Pro Tools, and EuControl -- all of which are supported according the docs. However, my S1 & Dock will not work with Pro Tools. EuControl recognizes the devices and I can even get the controllers working with Premiere Pro, however I cannot get Pro Tools to take control of the faders. I know the Mac Studio is new so Im not sure if there is anyone that can report success or any potential troubleshooting steps.

I'm able to get my setup working on a M1 MacBook Pro and I figured it wouldn't worked the same on the Studio!

Did you enable Eucon in the PT preferences?

thebeatless 04-11-2022 06:58 PM

It’s mostly working, but I’ve had a lot of issues with my s3 locking up and iPad app closing very frequently with my studio ultra. My dock weirdly hasn’t had any issues though. Guessing it’s a Monterey thing since I never had and issues with Catalina on my previous system.

WilliamHarp 04-12-2022 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by its2loud (Post 2632899)
Did you enable Eucon in the PT preferences?

Yeap! I've even uninstalled EuControl to delete the user preferences and went through as much troubleshoot as I can think of.

I reached out to Avid directly but they haven't been very timely in their responses. Ill report back once this is resolved!

EddieJones 04-12-2022 10:06 AM

If they are working with other Apps its not EUCON. You didn't answer whether you turned EUCON on in PT ?

TJ Allen 04-13-2022 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebeatless (Post 2632909)
It’s mostly working, but I’ve had a lot of issues with my s3 locking up and iPad app closing very frequently with my studio ultra. My dock weirdly hasn’t had any issues though. Guessing it’s a Monterey thing since I never had and issues with Catalina on my previous system.

That’s a shame - my Studio is due mid next week (should have been early this week but UPS f**cked up). I was hoping my S3 would be one of the things working solidly out of the box. I’m going to test the Mac Studio in my small home setup for a few weeks before I introduce the complication of HD Native at the studio, so I’ll see how it behaves with my S1 first and report back.

EddieJones 04-13-2022 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ Allen (Post 2633066)
That’s a shame - my Studio is due mid next week (should have been early this week but UPS f**cked up). I was hoping my S3 would be one of the things working solidly out of the box. I’m going to test the Mac Studio in my small home setup for a few weeks before I introduce the complication of HD Native at the studio, so I’ll see how it behaves with my S1 first and report back.

It does work solidly. It has to do with whether you have a good network setup or not.

mattrixx 04-13-2022 05:09 PM

Eucon and S3 are working great in conjunction with Mac Studio and Pro Tools Ultimate HD Native.

TJ Allen 04-14-2022 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattrixx (Post 2633102)
Eucon and S3 are working great in conjunction with Mac Studio and Pro Tools Ultimate HD Native.

Awesome - that’s what I was hoping for! Fingers crossed for a smooth transition when mine arrives!

epmi 04-15-2022 12:46 PM

Eucontrol and S1 work fine under Monterey 12.3. PT 2021.12.0