Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (http://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack GUI in PT11 (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=348282)

Vercingetorix 01-09-2014 05:35 PM

Re: Eleven Rack GUI in PT11

Been ages since I've been around these parts I had some major happenings during the later half of last year - all not fun, anywayz, I went and had a look at IdeaScale for old times sake and I saw a curious thing that the Standalone Editor had a green signifier on the right hand side.

How long has that been there?

YYR123 01-09-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vercingetorix (Post 2119631)
How long has that been there?

Ages it feels like :)

Vercingetorix 01-14-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2119633)
Ages it feels like :)

Well, wonders never cease, the idea really was "in progress" :eek:.

musicman691 01-16-2014 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2114704)
Darryl & YYR:
That's what I thought after last night's update session and my morning tea read is saying the same thing. Like I said earlier in this thread I think after The Chimp posted here it's beginning to look like they can't do an editor window inside PT11. I mean - look at all the other things they fixed but they couldn't add the 11R window?

In the spirit of Mr. E. Scrooge: bah, humbug!

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitardom (Post 2114877)
For such a simple post by Chimp, its getting entertaining watching how far you guys are reading into it!!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2114949)
Unbelievable - they can do anything - anything is possible - didn't McCartney say that?

I'm wondering if the standalone editor (and I'm not knocking it in the least) is an admission on Avid's part they couldn't do it inside PT11?

More importantly - what about in the View menu in PT11 and the 11R being greyed out - if you click on that will it open the 11R window and editor?

YYR123 01-16-2014 08:35 PM

I think they are gonna make us wait....till namm, damn

musicman691 01-17-2014 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYR123 (Post 2122237)
I think they are gonna make us wait....till namm, damn

They're not the first company doing this; EW with a couple of their libraries aren't coming out till NAMM either.

James_Ian 01-27-2014 10:16 PM

Hello there,

My first post here. I am another recent purchaser of the 11R with PT11 and have been coming to the slow realization that what was advertised is not what I got. No 11R GUI really compromises work flow. I understand my PT11 license gives me PT10 to work with, but the 64 bit Waves plugins I also bought won't work with PT10.

There was no heads up about this anywhere I looked when considering this purchase. I guess I could have found out here, but I wasn't a PT user yet...

Here's a question: If I record tracks in PT10, will those track open and run in PT11? That would be a workaround.

Anyway, from what I've read on this thread it seems unlikely there will be a GUI update. Kind of a sleazy way to run a business.

I'm loving the 11R though.

J

Sam C 01-27-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Ian (Post 2126510)
Hello there,

My first post here. I am another recent purchaser of the 11R with PT11 and have been coming to the slow realization that what was advertised is not what I got. No 11R GUI really compromises work flow. I understand my PT11 license gives me PT10 to work with, but the 64 bit Waves plugins I also bought won't work with PT10.

There was no heads up about this anywhere I looked when considering this purchase. I guess I could have found out here, but I wasn't a PT user yet...

Here's a question: If I record tracks in PT10, will those track open and run in PT11? That would be a workaround.

Anyway, from what I've read on this thread it seems unlikely there will be a GUI update. Kind of a sleazy way to run a business.

J

Your waves should work in PT10, mine always did and I don't recall anyone else saying they did not.

I don't feel that the Eleven Rack GUI compromises workflow...how does it compromise yours?

PT10 and 11 can open each others projects.

I really wouldn't say sleazy but....to each his own.

Benoni 01-27-2014 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Ian (Post 2126510)
Hello there,

J

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=350148