Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Tips & Tricks (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Using mix farm with d24 core (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=9139)

jonathandreamer 06-26-2002 01:21 PM

Re: Using mix farm with d24 core

All you have to do is run the mix farm as your primary interface card. The D24 acts as a core, but in a higher numbered PCI slot. It works very well, I have this setup myself. 64 tracks, and all the benefits of 5.1
Cheers &
Good luck [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Alécio Costa 06-26-2002 06:53 PM

almost in the same boat.... the dealer asked me to trade my DSP Farm for a mix card. the mix card might act as the master on this ? I would keep my d24 (master of the PT24 system).

I want 64 tracks, 32 I/O, more TDM plugins, capacity of opening dsphungry plug-ins as well,

Nomad 06-27-2002 12:12 AM

Using mix farm with d24 core

I'm sorry but I can't seem to find any info thru searching the duc on this subject.
Could someone please clue me in!?!?!?
Thanks much.
Barry

Nomad 06-27-2002 06:57 AM

Thanks, but is there some factory modification to be done on the d24 card?

Joris de Man 06-28-2002 05:14 AM

Just to chime in with a question as a D24 owner who wants to add a mixfarm;
-When you assign plugins and DAE creates the mixer, does it start on the mixfarm, as this now is your first card?
This could be annoying since you might have enough power to run a number of plugins on your regular farms and would want tokeep the Mixfarm free for the really good stuff (Virus, Rev one etc.)
I have 3 interfaces so I could see 2 dsps already taken up by creating input channels.
Is there any way to juggle the plugins so you can keep the regular 'lo-fat' ones on the normal dsps?

Cheers,

Joe

5down1up 06-30-2002 05:57 PM

i heard about a rumour that you can run a mixfarm on its own ??? install it with the core card , remove the core card and thats it .
the infos not from me ( the guy told me he tried it and it works , but ... ??? a lot of people & too much talkin ) , if you have a mixsetup , try it and let us know ...
i dont believe it ... but MAYBE ... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Nomad 07-02-2002 02:26 PM

Is there a factory mod to be made to a d24 core to run a mix farm????

Matt Stutter 07-02-2002 02:45 PM

There is a factory mod to make a d24 card work in a G4, but nothing is needed to let it see a MIX farm.

As for the question above about plugins mapping to chips. All my plugins go to the old farm first, unless it needs to run on the MIX farm...

Like my waves stuff runs on the old farm, but digi's dither plugin runs on the MIX farm.

Different versions of plugins run on the old farm too (lexiverb 1 - old, lexi2 - mix)...

Aside from that - I don't know any more.. Anyone else?

Alécio Costa 07-04-2002 02:57 PM

hey guys, I use a D24 with a DSP FARM (PT24 system 1997) and goes well.
Another studio on here also uses that.
any problem?
please, tell me!!! I want to add a mix card soon
thanks
[email protected]