Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I'm tired of the Zoom Bug. Please post request for Digi to prioritize this bug fix! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=256014)

DrFord 10-03-2009 02:32 PM

I'm tired of the Zoom Bug. Please post request for Digi to prioritize this bug fix!

I have downloaded all three cs updates, and then upgraded to 8.0.1 and I am still getting the Zoom bug. Not only does this bug shut down the session and application, but it also forces me to restart my whole machines as I get errors upon application restart if I don't reset the machine.

This is a HUGE deal as clients are not responsible for paying for time my equipment is down. Granted this only takes 5 minutes to get back on target, but sometimes it wipes out takes and edits and is a really big headache.

Please put this as the #1 bug on your list to fix. This is a BIG DEAL.

All users who get this bug please post so Digi recognizes the seriousness.

Thank you.

tonwurm 10-03-2009 03:33 PM

Re: I'm tired of the Zoom Bug. Please post request for Digi to prioritize this bug fi

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFord (Post 1471974)
...I am still getting the Zoom bug....

can you please explain what the 'zoom-bug' is

Alécio Costa 10-03-2009 06:07 PM

Re: I'm tired of the Zoom Bug. Please post request for Digi to prioritize this bug fi

Frankly, up to now I have not gotten it.

DrFord 10-04-2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonwurm (Post 1472007)
can you please explain what the 'zoom-bug' is

The Zoom bug is when you are zooming in while audio is playing and you get the spinning wheel of death and then PT crashes.

zakco 10-04-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFord (Post 1472154)
The Zoom bug is when you are zooming in while audio is playing and you get the spinning wheel of death and then PT crashes.

OUCH!

That's nasty.

I've never seen that here...{looking for wood to knock}

Probably obvious, but have you gone through EVERY plugin looking for something that is incompatible?

-Z-

tamasdragon 10-04-2009 11:30 AM

Uh, that's wierd, never experienced this.
TD

tonwurm 10-04-2009 12:17 PM

that´s exactly what happens with my system, on some days I have 10 crashes

- zooming out while playing audio frequently causes a crash

- making a selection in a automation lane while PT is stopped frequently causes a crash

I´ve found out that PT doesn´t crash so often if automation lanes are not shown and DSP-cache activated also seems not to be so good

BaileyBass 10-04-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFord (Post 1472154)

Does it matter which method/shortcut you are using to Zoom? "t" key, zoom control in the transport, cmmd-]...?
how many tracks?

I had this issue on another system and it was gone when RAM was reseated.
Also, make sure you empty the trash after pref/database cleanse. I have seen 2 experienced guys forget this step and wonder why that app "does not work". SB

Sean Russell 10-04-2009 01:41 PM

I have seen this. Somewhere between 10.5.7 and cs3 it disappeared for me. Total disaster. Could not zoom during recording or playback. I'd have to switch over to Finder during either to make sure - I was that gun shy!

I'd take a look at re-applying the last OS update and Sound Toys plugs (mine weren't in the session, but needed an update) as well as possibly re-applying the last PT update you got.

DrFord 10-05-2009 12:47 AM

Ya for me this has been happening since I installed PT8HD. I did a complete uninstall of 7.4 HD also. It is an intermittent problem. I move pretty fast when editing and use hot keys not the operation buttons on the top of the edit window. So for me it is when I am using command and [ ].

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Please digi fix this bug!!!!!

(all my plugs are up to date.)