Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Eleven Rack (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Eleven Rack Digi002 Rack Set Up (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=280734)

RichardWard 08-25-2010 05:46 AM

Eleven Rack Digi002 Rack Set Up
 
I recently purchased Eleven Rack. Currently I am using Pro Tools LE 8 with a Digi 002 interface. I want to still run with the Digi002 rack as there are more I/O capabilities for other use.

Can someone please give me some advice on how to set them both up to run together and still have the reamping and Dry signal capabilities.

I have updated the firmware on the Eleven Rack to 1.03 so the drivers are set.

Thanks:D

vkaxeman 08-25-2010 04:41 PM

Re: Eleven Rack Digi002 Rack Set Up
 
I am interested in this too. I have the same setup.

RichardWard 08-28-2010 03:06 AM

Re: Eleven Rack Digi002 Rack Set Up
 
Have got it working but mine will only run at 48br (Forums suggest deffective) running via SPDIF and have to set the Eleven rack to use PT internal clock. See user manual for Digital devices. Awaiting info from PT Tech support regarding the issue with the bit rate. Maybe deffective unit I am hearing about.

Also
The Eleven Rack Control Window doesn't seem to open correctly when I open it up in Pro Tools. I don't seem to have full control over it.
- Rig View section no thumbnail images for each effect.
- Effect Preset Selector does not open.
- Amp Control section is blank, no amp controls or mic controls are there. :mad:

TLTD 09-02-2010 04:21 AM

Re: Eleven Rack Digi002 Rack Set Up
 
I think it's the same as if you wanted to also use Cakewalk or anything. You have to use the Eleven Rack until you do what you need then import your tracks and work with the other. I don't see much need to use anything else with Eleven. I go to a studio to use the Digi003 and bring stuff into my Eleven Rack setup. I could also then do the opposite. Best thing to do is just get a mixer and use Eleven Rack (Mackie Onyx? then keep the extra cash from selling the 003). But I can also understand if you have all your plugins already @003. Sorry I can't help much but have been reading into the Mackie support.


Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardWard (Post 1658196)
I recently purchased Eleven Rack. Currently I am using Pro Tools LE 8 with a Digi 002 interface. I want to still run with the Digi002 rack as there are more I/O capabilities for other use.

Can someone please give me some advice on how to set them both up to run together and still have the reamping and Dry signal capabilities.

I have updated the firmware on the Eleven Rack to 1.03 so the drivers are set.

Thanks:D


TLTD 09-02-2010 04:24 AM

Re: Eleven Rack Digi002 Rack Set Up
 
Maybe another way would store your preset on the Eleven then use a direct box to send one signal to the XLR and one to the guitar in but I don't know if you will get a dry signal or what. Try to copy the settings in the Elven Rack setup that does the reamping and see if those routes are there.

TLTD 09-02-2010 04:32 AM

Re: Eleven Rack Digi002 Rack Set Up
 
I have a need for the direct box myself because I am using a Mesa Quad preamp and realized I wont get a direct signal that way. I want to play with reamping with the Eventide Pitchfactor active so I have more options to be lazy lol.

nst7 09-02-2010 07:00 AM

Re: Eleven Rack Digi002 Rack Set Up
 
You can definitely do all you need to do just by hooking the 11R up to the 002 via spidf. There were some threads about this a while back but I don't remember exactly what the solution was for recording both the dry signal and processed signal, but I believe it involved outputting the processed signal in mono (which in most cases is desireable), on one channel of the spidf, and the dry signal on the other.

For reamping, you just take your dry guitar audio track, and set the output to: interface>spidf (which will go to the eleven rack) and then a new audio track with the input set to: interface>spidf.

Benoni 09-02-2010 03:35 PM

Re: Eleven Rack Digi002 Rack Set Up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nst7 (Post 1662204)
You can definitely do all you need to do just by hooking the 11R up to the 002 via spidf. There were some threads about this a while back but I don't remember exactly what the solution was for recording both the dry signal and processed signal, but I believe it involved outputting the processed signal in mono (which in most cases is desireable), on one channel of the spidf, and the dry signal on the other.

For reamping, you just take your dry guitar audio track, and set the output to: interface>spidf (which will go to the eleven rack) and then a new audio track with the input set to: interface>spidf.

Yeah that is a way to do it. Just mute the dry track so it doesn't mess you up.

I hook up my 11R to the 003R via SPDIF. Go to Setup> Hardware have the 003R (or 002) selected and change the clock source to SPDIF. Click OK, and its ready to go. Your In for the 11R will be SPDIF L/R, so you will want to go into the Eleven Rack Window, User Options and change the track that the Rig settings get Embedded too.

However, the EASIEST way (IMO) to do this and re-amping is to change over to the 11R as your main interface, which can be done in just a few seconds by going to Setup>Playback Engine and choose the Eleven Rack. Your session will close then re-open with the 11R as the interface. When done re-amping, do the reverse to change back to the 003 or 002. Try it both ways and use the method that works best for you :cool:

mhbmusic 09-06-2010 11:26 PM

Re: Eleven Rack Digi002 Rack Set Up
 
Wondering if anyone has a pro-tools template for using the digi 002 and the eleven Rack. I'd like to switch between the two but find my self very confused with the i/o's settings being different for each DAW.

I really like both but things are becoming very challenging using the eleven rack to it's fullest potential.

I tried hooing up via spdif but got no sound. Even tried switching the clock source, which I'm assuming you meant for the digi 002, but it wouldn't let me. An error popped up.

Please help give me a template, a diagram or something. Anyone who really knows how to get these two units set-up correctly for easy switching, I would really love to see the settings. What can I say I'm a visual learner.

Thanks

Benoni 09-06-2010 11:33 PM

Re: Eleven Rack Digi002 Rack Set Up
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mhbmusic (Post 1664308)
Wondering if anyone has a pro-tools template for using the digi 002 and the eleven Rack. I'd like to switch between the two but find my self very confused with the i/o's settings being different for each DAW.

I really like both but things are becoming very challenging using the eleven rack to it's fullest potential.

I tried hooing up via spdif but got no sound. Even tried switching the clock source, which I'm assuming you meant for the digi 002, but it wouldn't let me. An error popped up.

Please help give me a template, a diagram or something. Anyone who really knows how to get these two units set-up correctly for easy switching, I would really love to see the settings. What can I say I'm a visual learner.

Thanks

did you read this yet

http://duc.digidesign.com/showpost.p...99&postcount=8


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:23 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com