Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Combining multiple tracks into one track (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=111941)

Sebastian C. 07-27-2004 01:47 PM

Combining multiple tracks into one track

I've been having a heck of a time trying to combining 4 tracks of material into 1 playable track. The reason I want to do this is so that I may export all 4 tracks into one audio file (AIFF). I have created a 60 minute dj mix using multi tracking. I first tried the "bounce to disk" function but the buffer can't handle bouncing 60 minutes of music at one time. Instead I decided to use the export function which seems to be better since I don't have to listen to the whole mix before the file is exported (like bounce to disk) although I don't know if I loose any sound quality by exporting. So I can export 1 track into a file at a time. If I am able to combine all tracks into 1 track I will be able to export all of the mix at one time. Could someone please give me some advice?

Homebelly 07-27-2004 04:12 PM

Re: Combining multiple tracks into one track

Just bus them all to a new stereo audio track and re-record them,,,

Sebastian C. 07-27-2004 06:41 PM

I bused all the tracks into one track and recorded everything together which works. The problem is that I still get the same error I get when I try to bounce to disk for the entire 60 minute mix. After about 10 minutes of recording (or bouncing to disk) I get an error that says I need to decrease the buffer size. So I change it from 1024 in the playback engine to 512. Then when I try to record again it says I need to increase the buffer size, which just puts the buffer size where I had it before. I don't know why this happens.

Naagzh 07-27-2004 08:05 PM

Just checking, but do you have Low Latency Monitoring enabled?

mpark9000 07-28-2004 01:48 AM

Quote:

I get an error that says I need to decrease the buffer size. So I change it from 1024 in the playback engine to 512. Then when I try to record again it says I need to increase the buffer size, which just puts the buffer size where I had it before. I don't know why this happens.

It's to drive us all insane. I've had this message appear frequently on my 1ghz Al Powerbook, once in a while on my dual G5, but never on my AMD 64 3200+. The current Mac version of LE is pretty weak. I'm sure that will change, but that doesn't help much right now.

Sebastian C. 07-28-2004 06:15 AM

How do I know if low latency is enabled? What is low latency for?

audiogeek1 07-28-2004 09:39 AM

There is an export audio setting. Once you have recorded audio onto a seperate stereo track use the export audio section in the pull down menu above the region list. Then choose your poison.

Hope this helps

billardis 10-09-2013 06:00 AM

I'm prepping a "radio" show for webcast in Pro Tools Express (10.3.4). I have two music tracks and one voice track. How do I mix those tracks down to a single stereo track so that I can effectively use the Compressor/Limiter to match all volumes correctly?