Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Virtual Instruments (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Its 50% off Komplete crossgrade time (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=368526)

Kinh 06-05-2015 01:40 AM

Its 50% off Komplete crossgrade time

Yes, that time of year again when you can buy for measly $274 a bunch of synths that sound slightly different than the ones you already own.

musicman691 06-05-2015 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinh (Post 2266278)
Yes, that time of year again when you can buy for measly $274 a bunch of synths that sound slightly different than the ones you already own.

Is that in Aus dollars or what? NI site is showing $95 US for K10 regular, $199 for K10U and $349.50 for K2-K9 to K10U.

K10 regular was a yawner at the full price but at 1/2 not so much. 3 new pianos, a bunch of Reaktor ensembles and a couple of other things. Ditto for K10U. But it is a bit disappointing that there are no new versions of Kontakt, Absynth, FM8, etc. Or splitting out Reflektor from GR5.

Seafoam_Green 06-05-2015 07:40 PM

my N.I gripe

Once upon a time ...,
I would have been frothing at this deal ..., but only weeks before the release of K10U I had already bought K9U, Session Horns Pro, and the Supercharger GP plugin ie; after receiving offers via email from N.I .

Weeks later ..., I politely emailed NI "requesting a discount" - on a K10U upgrade ..., as I had only just purchased (at full price from N.I) K9U plus session horns pro, and Supercharger GP,

.., and

N.I in a nutchell told me "no discount, no chance" , in a tone that sounded to me like " go f#ck yourself we dont care"

So ...,

Since then ive bought some other 3rd party pianos, and I have no interest in their new synths (too many already) ....,

but my main concern was to not give N.I any more of my money -

Because - they still havent fixed the bug with the avid driver that stops Guitar rig, komplete control , and others , from working inside of protools for those using avid interfaces as it makes pro tools crash

..., for others considering the deal though - sessions horns pro is really worth it . But ive never used supercharger gp as I like the slate stuff and other plugs much better at the task,

and as for the pianos I havent tried the new N.I versions so I cant comment there ..., but alternative 3rd party pianos , i can vouch for the new ravencroft and also the new sonic couture Hammersmith as real quality V.Is

mesaone 06-05-2015 07:45 PM

Re: Its 50% off Komplete crossgrade time

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2266315)
Is that in Aus dollars or what? NI site is showing $95 US for K10 regular, $199 for K10U and $349.50 for K2-K9 to K10U

I couldn't type in the URL fast enough.

Come to find out, you're talking about upgrades and the price is still $500 for K10. :o

nst7 06-05-2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesaone (Post 2266609)

Come to find out, you're talking about upgrades and the price is still $500 for K10. :o

You can buy K10 regular perhaps with a GC or MF 15% off coupon, making it $425. Then buy the upgrade to Ultimate for $250.

So basically $675 for K10 Ultimate. Not bad.

Kinh 06-05-2015 11:51 PM

Yes thats aussie dollar. The only new ones I bought last year were Rise & hit and Kinetic metal. Haven't really got much use out of either.

The rest are just add-ons to K9 like horns & pianos. To me their synths aren't really that impressive generally, so Im not tempted by Rounds and the other one. Polyplex is like Battery II right?

Heavyocity's got a new one coming out next Tuesday. It appears to be a bunch of Aeon style presets labelled as "modern scoring tools". ;)

musicman691 06-06-2015 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesaone (Post 2266609)

True but I got the impression the way kinh worded his post he was talking about the half-price upgrades.

Southsidemusic 06-06-2015 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2266649)
True but I got the impression the way kinh worded his post he was talking about the half-price upgrades.

Yes approx $500 from K9U to K10U so to that i say .... Hold on for it ....

Here it comes ... NOOOOOOO way in "hot place" ever would i pay that for NI stuff. We just got K9U plus a few updates to Pro series and as Kinh said: the staff at NI are rudes as ****!

Better stuff out there and pianos are really easy to find so thanks NI for being stupid and rude to your existing customers.

musicman691 06-06-2015 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southsidemusic (Post 2266653)
Yes approx $500 from K9U to K10U so to that i say .... Hold on for it ....

Here it comes ... NOOOOOOO way in "hot place" ever would i pay that for NI stuff. We just got K9U plus a few updates to Pro series and as Kinh said: the staff at NI are rudes as ****!

Better stuff out there and pianos are really easy to find so thanks NI for being stupid and rude to your existing customers.

I was severely disappointed with NI's offerings with K10 and that's why I passed on it. I know a lot of people passed on K10 because of a lack of real new stuff in it.

I have to say say NI people are technically lacking. For instance I raised a support ticket about their plugins not showing in AudioSuite and they had no idea what AS even was. They thought I was referring to using their plugins as regular inserts. Goes to show they don't know the platforms they develop for.

You want rude? How about when they removed RTAS support from their plugins when they introduced Komplete Kontrol? I think that qualifies.

The only way I would throw money at NI is if/when they release Kontakt 6. From what I read in their forums it is being worked on but other than that - ?