Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   macOS (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Learn Midi CC on Pro Tools 9 (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=310495)

Pablomaia 10-28-2011 02:44 PM

Learn Midi CC on Pro Tools 9

Hy fellas,

i'm having hard time trying to learn some plugins parameters to automate it.

almost every plug that automate on Logic do not automate on Pro Tools 9 (by right clicking on parameter).

So, I'm missing something? this should not be that hard

bradch00 10-28-2011 03:04 PM

Re: Learn Midi CC on Pro Tools 9

It's not very hard, Command-Option-Control-Click the track view selector in the edit window will bring up all the plug-in parameters that can be automated. Simply add the parameters/plug-ins you want to automate.

OR

Open the UI for the plug-in you wish to automate and Command-Option-Control-Click the control you wish to automate.

There's much more starting on page 1017 of the PT 9 reference guide.

Pablomaia 11-09-2011 03:14 PM

thanx a lot Brad,

really works on that way. but stills not working with a USB controller.

On Logic, I simply right click on parameter, move the knob that i want to control it and thats it!

It's much more confortable then write it on mouse... can i do it on pro tools?

filosofem 11-09-2011 06:19 PM

A supported Control Surface is required.

Pablomaia 11-10-2011 07:09 AM

ok, but m-audio O2 is suported

i can use it on those instrument that cames with PT, but i can't use it with anyone else...

AND I'M USING O2 on Logic, Live, Reason...

filosofem 11-10-2011 01:09 PM

Nope, you're not listening, a supported Control Surface not a supported MIDI Controller. Pro Tools is not Reason, Ableton Live, Logic nor any other program. Pro Tools sets it's own rules.

robinsonsdca 11-10-2011 01:47 PM

Pablomaia
You can't map many air effects to midi because they use a proprietary software language using values 0-1056 or something like that. Midi is 0-127. So that is the probably the reason. And AVID doesn't want to make a software adapter to work with USB midi controllers, as there is no money in that. However they will sell you a maudio with self proclaimed "hypercontrol". But its actually more like hypocontrol, because you can only control 1 effects plug in at a time and I'm pretty sure there is no onscreen software interface like AutoMap

a nocturn would be nice but the endless encoders are innacurate, have to use the fadars on the larger sl zero unit
Automap is a work in progress, and is the same as hypercontrol, only one effects plug in at a time.
Euphonix controller is a thousand dollars or more, and the fadars won't map to the effects

In most other daws one of the least expensive and one the best controllers is a usb Nano Kontrol, but this is not an Avid supported controller
Although it does map now to the fadars, you cannot map to the effects

filosofem 11-10-2011 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinsonsdca (Post 1863998)
However they will sell you a POS maudio with self proclaimed hypercontrol. Its actually hypocontrol, because you can only control 1 plug in at a time-!

Name me a Control Surface from Avid that does control more than one plug-in at one given time?

robinsonsdca 11-10-2011 02:41 PM

My point exactly Filosofem

Cause if you don't know of one controller, that's a really bad sign.
On standard midi with all those OTHER daws you can control AS MANY plug ins as you have KNOBS on the USB controller (nanokontrol, akai etc)

How do you do anything INVOLVED controlling only one effects plug in at a time?

filosofem 11-10-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robinsonsdca (Post 1864028)
How do you do anything INVOLVED controlling one parameter at a time?

With supported Control Surfaces, Plug-Ins and Virtual Instruments control parameters can be simultaneously controlled.