Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   'The Video Engine reported and error' message when trying to play any video (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=373686)

zerothrills 11-01-2015 03:05 PM

'The Video Engine reported and error' message when trying to play any video

1 Attachment(s)
Just purchased ProTools 12 and on my laptop any videos will playback fine. But when I try the same project or a new video imported in on my desktop I get that error message when it tries to play:

'The Video Engine reported and error. More information is in the Video Engine log file.'

Not sure where that log file is saved but perhaps AVID support could have a look at it.

Thanks!

HDXSound 11-26-2015 01:19 AM

Re: 'The Video Engine reported and error' message when trying to play any video

+1

darbyclash34 11-26-2015 07:57 AM

Just something to try, as I'm having a different but somewhat similar issue. Try opening Pro Tools and creating a new blank session, let it finish creating the session, then press play and let it run for a few seconds. Also, go into your playback engine and make sure you've got the video engine enabled. Everything cool so far? If so, try opening the session that's giving you trouble and see if it works correctly. If it does, please report back, as I'm having to create a new session every time my interface has been power cycled, or I get either a video or an audio engine error. I've done every bit of troubleshooting both Antelope Audio and Avid can give me, and at this point it appears to be a bug in Pro Tools, but seemingly pretty rare.

Hope that helps!

bifbangpow 09-29-2016 01:55 PM

It's a pretty huge bug for the industry standard software... I mean, if nothing can be done, then all of us composers have to switch to a different DAW. Come on Pro tools; fix this.

Aser 10-03-2017 06:40 PM

+1 on the error, also seen others while surfing the internet to solve this problem

Eric Lambert 10-04-2017 01:05 PM

The video error issue is much worse in 12.8.1 than in 12.8.0. That's been the case for each of our studios that have upgraded to 12.8.1. Sessions with video have become practically unproductive.

belasoul 03-16-2019 01:26 AM

Had a similar issue after power cycling my aja t-tap. Problem was that PT took the Aja as playback device instead of audio interface.

paulmitch 05-06-2019 10:33 AM

Has anyone come up with anything for video playback? I've had a beast of a time trying to play back for SFX.

musicelect 05-16-2019 07:47 PM

I had issues with the video engine as well. I saw both the slow loading bar and some hard spinning beach balls where ProTools would freeze while trying to load the video engine.

Looking around here on the DUC, some people mentioned interference with other video drivers. I had some AJA stuff installed that I didn't need anymore. AJA has an uninstaller app that completely removed everything and after a restart, the ProTools video engine works perfectly.

Hopefully this helps you.

espantalho1 12-08-2019 10:37 PM

+1 I get this error too.