Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Can i change the keyboard shortcuts for nudge (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=216622)

ianlounge 02-25-2008 12:23 AM

Can i change the keyboard shortcuts for nudge

i have the wireless keyboard from apple and want to use my nudge commands and can't. can i reassign shortcuts somehow ?

thanks
ian

tj_davies 02-25-2008 03:41 AM

Re: Can i change the keyboard shortcuts for nudge

Could it be that your shortcut for changing nudge value zooms in and out of Pro Tools?

That's an OS X shortcut and can be switched off by pressing Option+Command+8

Hope it helps,
Timothy

ianlounge 02-27-2008 07:59 PM

nothing to do with zooming really. i want to nudge and on a wireless there isnt a numeric keypad like a normal keyboard. so i have to reassign the nudge keys if possible. anybody know how ?

tj_davies 02-28-2008 12:35 AM

Quote:

nothing to do with zooming really. i want to nudge and on a wireless there isnt a numeric keypad like a normal keyboard. so i have to reassign the nudge keys if possible. anybody know how ?

Unfortunately, as there isn't a command in the menu bar, I doubt that you can reassign the shortcut. Maybe someone who uses a powerbook and Pro Tools knows a workaround?

Timothy

Andre Knecht 02-28-2008 01:29 AM

A somewhat ham-fisted workaround would be to invoke the “Nudging by Next Nudge Value” commands. (From the PT 7.4 Reference Guide, pg. 473:)

Nudging by Next Nudge Value
In addition to nudging by the current Nudge value, you can also nudge by the next, larger value in the Nudge pop-up menu.

For example, if the Nudge value is set to 1 frame and you want to nudge by a larger valuer, you can nudge by the next, larger Nudge value of 10 frames.

To nudge forward or back by the next, larger Nudge value:
1 Enable Commands Keyboard Focus (see “Keyboard Focus” on page 20).
2 Select the regions or notes you want to nudge.
3 Do one of the following:
• Press Forward Slash (/) to nudge the selected material forward by the next Nudge value.
• Press M to nudge the selection back by the next Nudge value.

IHTH.

1m1 02-28-2008 07:53 AM

If you have Quickeys it's pretty easy to reassign. There are also other programs similar to Quickeys that aren't as expensive.

jimlongo 02-28-2008 08:08 AM

Keyboard focus - the little a...z widget in the top row near the left side of the edit window, another feature that I can't believe everyone doesn't use (I know to each his own, horses for courses, you can't stand that feature, whatever), assigns nudge to m , . / keys.

As Andre's post said if your in frames that's -5 -1 +1 +5 frame nudges. The manual is outdated it used to be 10, but it's been 5 for a while.

Drew Mazurek 02-28-2008 08:28 AM

So this keyboard doesn't have these keys?

< >

With command focus on, these are nudge as well the + and - keys.