Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Pro Tools Renewal (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=378731)

Hannibal Lecter 03-11-2016 08:17 AM

Pro Tools Renewal

Hi,

I am aware that my Upgrade plan is coming to end at the last date of this month; however, I received an email stating that Avid is now offering two plans: an Annual Upgrade Plan for $99 USD and Annual Upgrade Plan + Plug-ins + and Support Plan.

From my understanding reading Avid's support months before, I thought the yearly Annual Upgrade Plans along with plug-ins and support was only at $99.

Could someone clarify what's the change here, or simply could be a mistake for my part. Thanks.

thanos4 03-11-2016 08:24 AM

Re: Pro Tools Renewal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 2341433)
Hi,

I am aware that my Upgrade plan is coming to end at the last date of this month; however, I received an email stating that Avid is now offering two plans: an Annual Upgrade Plan for $99 USD and Annual Upgrade Plan + Plug-ins + and Support Plan.

From my understanding reading Avid's support months before, I thought the yearly Annual Upgrade Plans along with plug-ins and support was only at $99.

Could someone clarify what's the change here, or simply could be a mistake for my part. Thanks.

Hi
it's very simple
99$ for Annual Upgrade Plan ...meaning you'll get future Pro Tools updates only
99& for Plugins and Support Plan for Pro tools ...meaning that you will have all stomp boxes and Space Reverb and online support for Pro Tools...
Now if you want both you should pay for both...:D

Benoni 03-11-2016 08:27 AM

Nope, it's been like that since the new plans were announced.

It was originally $199, but was eventually split into two plans for those saying they didn't want support, but only upgrades to Pro Tools.

So you have a choice of getting upgrades to Pro Tools only for $99, or upgrades to Pro Tools, support, and plugins for $199 when you buy both plans

Hannibal Lecter 03-11-2016 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoni (Post 2341436)
Nope, it's been like that since the new plans were announced.

It was originally $199, but was eventually split into two plans for those saying they didn't want support, but only upgrades to Pro Tools.

So you have a choice of getting upgrades to Pro Tools only for $99, or upgrades to Pro Tools, support, and plugins for $199 when you buy both plans

thanks! guess it was from my part misunderstanding, thank you. time to cough up some dough.

DetroitT 03-11-2016 08:30 AM

The Plug-Ins in question are the "Free-rent-a-packs" added end of last year.
Not the stock Pt's plugs.

Benoni 03-11-2016 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetroitT (Post 2341439)
The Plug-Ins in question are the "Free-rent-a-packs" added end of last year.
Not the stock Pt's plugs.

Yes, here's the list of plugins
https://www.avid.com/US/products/pro...dledAAXplugins

Hannibal Lecter 03-11-2016 08:33 AM

any of you finding the "free-rent-pack" plugs useful? I tried them, they are alright for me as I have other ones that I use most. In a way, I kinda don't like the feeling of loosing but I don't want to spend 199 just to have them laying around in my folder.

Hannibal Lecter 03-11-2016 08:35 AM

One more: Would I lose the AIR series?

Benoni 03-11-2016 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter (Post 2341442)
One more: Would I lose the AIR series?

No. Those are included with Pro Tools. You would not have the ALL ACCESS Plugins listed in the link above if you do not renew the Plugin and Support part of the plan.

DJ Hellfire 03-11-2016 08:55 AM

I still have yet to insert any one of the those plugins.