Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Not Hearing My Midi or Seeing Atmospheres (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=187903)

action0335 01-24-2007 05:35 PM

Not Hearing My Midi or Seeing Atmospheres

Attack of the newb. I am starting to figure this whole thing out now. I have been successfully recording audio (Pro Tools LE and MBox 2) but I create the Midi Track and the Aux Track (and designate the Aux with the Instrument I want. I hit the midi keys and the meter shows action but no sound. I am betting it is a simple one-click fix but I cannot find it.

SIDE NOTE: Why won't Pro Tools LE recognize my SPectrasonic Atmospheres? All my other software sequencers see it? I assume I should be looking under Instruments???

spkguitar 01-24-2007 05:50 PM

Re: Not Hearing My Midi or Seeing Atmospheres

Quote:

SIDE NOTE: Why won't Pro Tools LE recognize my SPectrasonic Atmospheres? All my other software sequencers see it? I assume I should be looking under Instruments???

Are you sure your plugin is up to date? Earlier versions of the plugin did not include RTAS versions, but there are updates available on the spectrasonics website: www.spectrasonics.net

Until you actually have the right version of the plugin, and have it visible and working within Pro Tools, describing how to use it really doesn't do you any good.

I've got some tutorials over on my website that might help you, in particular; How to use softsynths in Pro Tools...

action0335 01-24-2007 06:05 PM

None of my midi is working, I was just curious why Atmospheres doesn't even show as a choice. All Midi instruments are showing activity but no sound

spkguitar 01-24-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

None of my midi is working, <snip> All Midi instruments are showing activity but no sound

What are you using as a MIDI sound module at this point? Are the MIDI outputs of your MIDI tracks set to that sound module? Is it a hardware or software sound module? If hardware, are the audio outputs routed to physical inputs of your digidesign hardware? Is an aux track set up to receive audio from those inputs? If software, do you have it inserted on a track? Do you have a sound patch loaded into it?
Quote:

I was just curious why Atmospheres doesn't even show as a choice.

I answered that question already:
Quote:

Are you sure your plugin is up to date? Earlier versions of the plugin did not include RTAS versions, but there are updates available on the spectrasonics website: www.spectrasonics.net

So if you weren't up to date and had an earlier version, it wouldn't be compatible and wouldn't show up. Get the update and/or re-install.

deDede