Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   BNeoa_Utils::FindAsset failed in workspace (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=237939)

matt connolly 01-28-2009 05:27 PM

BNeoa_Utils::FindAsset failed in workspace

I'm trying to search and calculate overviews in PT8 (just upgraded).

Some of my files won't calculate overviews, the contextual menu option is grayed out and Pro Tools throws a:

BNeoa_Utils::FindAsset failed!

message.

Additionally, the workspace is really slow. Doing a search or auditioning a file typically takes 10-20 seconds before anything happens.

I've removed the Digidesign Databases folder on my audio drive (D:) no difference.

PT8.0 / Win XP sp3

lego 01-28-2009 05:44 PM

Re: BNeoa_Utils::FindAsset failed in workspace

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt connolly (Post 1344106)
Additionally, the workspace is really slow. Doing a search or auditioning a file typically takes 10-20 seconds before anything happens.

I've removed the Digidesign Databases folder on my audio drive (D:) no difference.

PT8.0 / Win XP sp3

try hiding your workspace behind other application's window when it starts to search. does it help?

matt connolly 01-28-2009 06:33 PM

That seems to help.

It definitely helps the audition of sound files once I have my search results...

Not sure how related this is to the FindAsset failure...

lego 01-28-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt connolly (Post 1344133)
That seems to help.

It definitely helps the audition of sound files once I have my search results...

Not sure how related this is to the FindAsset failure...

I have no idea how they are related, but I have the same two problems and my partial solution works for you, hence my guess that they have the same reason :-)

matt connolly 01-28-2009 07:24 PM

I just discovered another thing, which is pretty crucial to reproducing this fault:

1. Open a workspace window
2. Browse to a HD with some audio files.
3. Search for some of them, eg "punch"
4. Right click to create waveforms => FindAsset failed.

My auditioning speed with normal browsing is fine, but as soon as I have done a search, everything goes slow and screwy....

Shame really, considering search and audition are the main functions I use in the workspace.

matt connolly 02-02-2009 02:53 PM

I discovered that the slowness is triggered by resizing the browser window - especially by setting and recalling browser window configuration presets.

If I avoid presets, and am very careful when resizing the window, I can eliminate the slowness bug from appearing, but I still get the FindAsset failure and cannot generate waveforms from selected files in search results.

Sunzate 03-30-2009 10:39 AM

I'm also getting this problem:

I'm on PT8 cs2, LE, not m-powered.

I'm trying to audition some garageband loops in the browser. I performed a search (eg shaker) and then tried to click the drop down menu to change the playback options. ERROR!!

Not to mention, when I have finally found a loop, and try to drag it into the session, I get the wheel of death and it takes 5 minutes to import a tiny file!

Adam

Ambassadors Sound 05-25-2009 04:03 AM

Try to select all files in a map in the Workspace,

Press right mouse and click " calculate waveform "

After the task is finished you should'nt get the message any more..

cheers

Sunzate 05-25-2009 03:52 PM

thanks dude i'll try that