Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

Roy Howell 03-03-2004 11:33 AM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

spkguitar/Shawn,
Very cool song...great structure, and the vocals are great. Lead vocal may come up a tad in places(to my ears), but the background vocals are really nice. Good job...
-Roy

groovilator/Tony,
Thanks so much for the compliments...I've downloaded your songs and will get a chance to listen just a little later.
thanks, Roy

xeetstreet 03-03-2004 05:59 PM

Ok, I guess it's my turn. I wanted to wait until I had a couple of songs before I posted. My band is going to have a 45 minute interview on the radio tomorrow, so I guess it's fitting that you guys here it too.

Xeet Street Band

Bloody Nose
Chuna
For Trouble
On Board and Up To Speed
Pianissimo

Tah-tah,
Drew.

Roy Howell 03-03-2004 08:18 PM

groovilator,

Man, I really like your songs and vocals...especially 'Drowning Eyes' and 'Outside', I think. Cool chords and melodies throughout, and interesting productions.
Thanks for the listen,
Roy

doylemusic 03-03-2004 09:22 PM

Groovilator

Very nice, man. Guitars sound really good, nice wide image. I could use a little more vocals (more out front). I really like the Drowning eyes tune. Nice tune! Thanks for posting.

Gene Backlin 03-03-2004 09:24 PM

I had the chance tonight to record my Daughter's Concert Choir again.

For your enjoyment:

http://s94545301.onlinehome.us/music...nesomeRoad.mp3

Thank you for listening.

Take Care,
Gene

doylemusic 03-03-2004 09:29 PM

Hey Hylse, cool tune. I agree that the vocals could be more out front. Voice sounds fine, though. I like all the different variations and instrumentation changes throughout (especially the 2nd verse). Well done!

pk_hat 03-03-2004 09:56 PM

Re: Mac Mixes!!!!!!!!

I just posted some older tracks I did 3 years ago. Less-than-stellar production but oh well, they might as well be there than sitting on my drive doing nothing...

"Gelatin" and "Orly"

FingerFlicker 03-04-2004 05:24 AM

Quote:

Ok, after months of picking up tips from the gang here, here's my first mix. This is somewhere between rough and final mix for my album (need to ride the faders for lead guitar). How can I improve this?

"Weekend Warrior"

Thanks for listening

FF

Bump. Can anyone tell me where they think this mix stands? It can't possibly be perfect on a first try.

badperson 03-04-2004 05:40 AM

catching up on some listening...

Gene, very nice work on the paganini. You really got a nice sound out of that guitar, and the recording sounded very good, imo the best thing you've posted so far. great job. The choir sounds very nice as well.

"your love" is a very cool song, nice vibe. I found my self wanting to hear more definition on the drums, but that's coming from someone who's never recorded a drumset in his life.

hylse, I liked your groove a lot, what tools did you use?

xsb bloody nose has a great groove, great playing.

I thought the organ sound on "drowning eyes" was very cool, as were the vox.

Fingerflicker,

cool song and good production. The only thing that stood out to me was that the hihat stuck out for some reason. I'm not sure why. The drum programming is great, though. Could you explain, in some detail, how you create the fills?

thanks.

later.

bp

Gene Backlin 03-04-2004 06:44 AM

Quote:

You really got a nice sound out of that guitar, and the recording sounded very good, imo the best thing you've posted so far. great job.

badperson,

Those are very kind words...Thank you very much...

I really enjoyed Let it Burn. The greatist thing about your music is that you have YOUR sound. I wish I could sing....but I don't dare. My daughter got her voice from her mother...thank goodness !!!

Take Care,
Gene