Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How many install instances does PTLE8 allow? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=268987)

Nathan Rain 03-09-2010 01:38 PM

How many install instances does PTLE8 allow?

Hi guys,

I have 2 computers and I would like to be able to use my Mbox Mini on both (or more if I get them).

How many install instances does Digi allow us per serial if we own the computers?

flommer 03-09-2010 01:53 PM

Re: How many install instances does PTLE8 allow?

I think the answer is as many as you want, because the Mbox is the dongle.

There may be a limit when you buy the software upgrades for multiple PT systems (3 or 5 systems, or something like that), but you only have one system.

I'm sure it's all in the EULA

Nathan Rain 03-09-2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flommer (Post 1569098)
I think the answer is as many as you want, because the Mbox is the dongle.

See this is what I thought as well, though I can't seem to find the answer online anywhere.

CME 03-09-2010 02:52 PM

Yes you can install PTLE on more than one computer. It will not open unless a Digi interface is plugged into the computer.

SekondThought 03-09-2010 03:18 PM

True indeed. There is none of that nonsense that some other applications have, such as Cubase 5 (which only allows 5 installs) and Ableton Live (which only allows 2 installs). With Pro Tools, it's as many as you like and the dongle is the interface. There are no limits (as far as I am aware of). I have never encountered any since I started using it in 2002.

Nathan Rain 03-09-2010 03:19 PM

Found the answer, guess I wasn't looking in the right places:

Quote:

1. LIMITED RIGHTS TO INSTALL AND USE THE SOFTWARE. Avid grants you the following rights, subject to your purchase of the corresponding software license (if applicable) and the terms and conditions below:

1.1. Device license. You may install one copy of the software on one hardware device for your internal business use or your own personal enjoyment. The software may only be used by one person at time, unless you have purchased licenses for additional users.

1.2. Individual user license. You may install one or more copies of the software on hardware devices within your internal computer network for your internal use. The software may only be used by individuals for whom you have purchased a license. Multiple users may not share a single license.

1.3. Concurrent user license. You may install one or more copies of the software on hardware devices within your internal computer network for your internal use. The software may be used concurrently by a number of individuals equal to or less than the number of concurrent user licenses you have purchased.
So there it is. Case closed.:-)