Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   PTLE8 Install Hangs (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=252592)

DonM 08-20-2009 04:22 PM

PTLE8 Install Hangs

I am installing PTLE8 on my new MacBook Pro - The installer gets to "Running Pro Tools Creative Collection Installer script" and the dialog box says "Install time remaining: About a minute" and there it stays.....

I just uninistalled PT M-Powered on the machine - is there anything I need to do to get the LE install to work that may be related to removing M-Powered?

-D

DigiTechSupt 08-20-2009 04:33 PM

Re: PTLE8 Install Hangs

How long did it hang there?

The Creative Collection is about 4GB in size and that progress meter can sometimes be inaccurate. I'd give it 30+ minutes from the time it starts to install the CC until it should finish - it may take more or less time depending on your DVD drive.

DonM 08-20-2009 04:46 PM

Thanks for the quick reply - I interrupted the install and PT runs fine - I let it sit there for about 20 minutes - and I guess since the installer said less than a minute I thought it was hung - should I uninstall and re-install or is there some files or folders I should check for their integrity? Thanks again so much!

-D

DigiTechSupt 08-20-2009 05:20 PM

You could just re-run the installer, this time only check the option to install the Creative Collection.

DonM 08-20-2009 05:56 PM

Thanks, did that... it still hangs? So, I booted under Windows and tried to install there. So far two things are happening.

First when the installer prompts me to plug in the Mbox, and I click through the XP unsigned messages... I get a ballon at the bottom indicating that my hardware device is not properly installed... then... I see the installer continue until it gets to "Installing Pro Tools Creative Collection" and we just sit.... I'll let it sit for 40 minutes then try a restart.

Hmmm is this a bumpy install or is it me? I've installed everything on this machine (Vegas Pro, Sonar, Adobe Creative Suite CS4, Sound Forge, Pro-Tools M, Logic) and all have gone fine.

-D

DonM 08-20-2009 06:04 PM

After 10 minutes a dialog box has popped up saying "the installer was unable to locate the required quicktime components on this system. Pro Tools requires Quicktime to include movie files...."

Any assistance on what QT components I need to load and where to find them? Thanks in advance.

-D

Torchlight 08-23-2009 04:09 PM

Hi Don:

I have the same problem. The installer just sits on "Running Pro Tools Creative Collection Installer Script". I am updating from PT 7.3.1 on a new 24" Intel iMac. Did you ever get it to work?

Torchlight

DonM 08-23-2009 05:38 PM

T:

The install never completed, but Pro Tools runs fine. I have not checked each of the Creative Collection plugs to see what works and what doesn't. I hoped someone might steer me (now us) in the proper direction.

-D

Torchlight 08-24-2009 05:55 AM

Don:

After I went back down to the studio I noticed the the installation completed. I have no idea if it installed the creative collection plugins properly though. What are they listed under? So far PT 8 seems to run well. I'm sure I will find bugs though. What CS update are they on so far for PT 8?

Torchlight

Obsidian Dragon 08-24-2009 02:50 PM

Protools 8.0 is currently on cs3.

You can install the free Quciktime application from Apple's website. Protools has required Quicktime from Apple to run for many years so this not a Protools 8.0 requirement.

As for the hanging while installing, mine took about 45 minutes on a CoreDuo (correct: there is no 2 in the middle) Mac Mini. Other than the (is my watch broken?) question, everything runs fine for me.