Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

bi0force1 01-16-2003 08:19 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

ok, i redid my song almost to my satisfaction.
lyrics are still soft, but i like em like that since theres not alot to make them sound good when thier louder.

once again
WHISPERS AND DREAMS

thanks guys

bey12 01-16-2003 08:35 PM

Recap of latest posts...

Is there something wrong with me that I'm always saying it's like this meets that? nah, I didn't think so

soundsurf - dance of the black eyed virgins is nice on the brain. Got a sort of dub electronic feel..make some nice film music. I liked it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

metaltim - Nick Cave meets Elvis Costello with your own new twist, Nice mix, lead vocals could be a little fuller, they're a little tinny. It's original though and I love a song that goes in different directions, so I would say it's 1 song. mLike the harmony at the end.

jgehring - punk is good, especially when it's mixed that good. I'd bring the vocals up just a tad. Guitars hit my brain right.
I guess that's what I want - I want the song to hit my brain right. You guys do that, can't even say I was listening too hard to the message, but it felt right.

captain_pants - finally gave a bs id to mp3 and listened. I like your angry songs. Man you've got something really good going on. Do you ever play with a live drummer(I'm not one, just curious).

Bioforce - ethereal whispers and dreams. I'd like the drums a little fuller and lower and the vocals louder, but it too has some nice potential and started hitting my brain right when it ended too shortly.

http://www.sircuss.com

Captain_Pants 01-16-2003 09:13 PM

Thanks for the listen Bey. I havent used a live drummer on any of those songs on MP3.com. I did do some of my own drums on some of my older stuff, but as of recently, I have just been programming drums. But, I do think a live drummer would be able to add more intensity to songs like "What this did to me" and some others as well.
Thanks again for the lsiten, ok, off to work!

bi0force1 01-17-2003 12:34 AM

roy, i listened to your track on the other thread and it kicks ass, i cant wait to hear it after basstard plays w/ it.

Roy Howell 01-17-2003 12:53 AM

Thanks Bi0... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

soundsurfr 01-17-2003 07:29 AM

Bey -

Thanks for the feedback.

Cool website! I'm listening to the first song which sounds like Woodstock-era Jefferson Airplane to me. Folk meets rock for the first time. Very cool. How'd you do that acoustic guitar pitch warp thing at the end?

jgehring 01-17-2003 09:34 AM

Thanks Bey12!

Roy Howell 01-17-2003 01:05 PM

bey12,
Just listened to Shangri-La. Sounds good, man!...interesting chord changes going on. You have a very unique style... thanks for letting me hear it... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Roy Howell 01-17-2003 01:41 PM

jgehring,
Just listened to your songs... my favorite is 'great american syndrome'. It's gotta be a blast to play this stuff, there's so much energy in it, and you guys pull it off very well. I bet you guys kick ass live... thanks for the listen, Roy

Aussie169 01-17-2003 03:44 PM

Bio
That one's heaps better. Good stuff.
Still think the drums are a little loud, but that's just personal taste.
Mark