Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Contacted Tech Support, still no response (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=192662)

singerpainter 03-17-2007 03:00 PM

Contacted Tech Support, still no response

Hi everyone, I need some insight on how to deal with my issue.

I contacted Tech Support via the mailform on the support section of the site, and waited the obligatory 3 days. No response. Since it's been 6 days with no response, hopefully someone --maybe even a tech support person viewing this on the DUC-- might be able to point me in the right direction.

Here is what I wrote:

Audio Card: Digi 002 Rack
Audio Interface: Digi 002 Rack
Miscellaneous:
Digidesign Software: Pro Tools LE
Version: 7.1
Computer Model and Speed: Sweetwater Creation Station PC P4 3.2Ghz
RAM: 2 Gigs
Operating System: Windows XP
DAE version:
DigiSystem

Other Digidesign and third party products used in the system:
all the bundles that came with PT.
I also have UAD-1 Card, and Waves pack.

Please give a concise description of the problem:
A couple of years ago when I bought and registered my Digi 002 rack, I began experiencing an issue where the sample rate light would blink (when booting up the machine), and the Digi 002r would make this quiet clicking sound. Pro Tools would not be able to connect with the rack.
It's an intermittent problem and sometimes PT is able to connect, but then most transport functions (record, play) execute very poorly. It's like it doesn't receive the request to "play" or "record."

The Tech person I spoke with determined it was a hardware problem and sent me a kit so I could self-fix. If I remember correctly, it took about 15 minutes to install, you had specific printed instructions (with pics), and it kind of looked like one of those tape like cables that computers connect say, hard drives to motherboards or something.

Well, based on all symptoms, it appears the problem is happening again.

Actions required to reproduce the problem:
Shut down computer. Turn off Digi 002. Turn Digi 002 back on, re-boot computer.

Troubleshooting already attempted:
I don't know if there's much I can do since it sounds like a hardware issue.

So, what should I do? I don't want to spend $75 on a phone call for them to tell me the same thing and just mail me the same kit. Could it be something else? I'm now down for the count and would love some insight.

Thanks so much,
Chance

WilliamDC 03-17-2007 03:09 PM

Re: Contacted Tech Support, still no response

Other than calling Digi to get another power harness, you can try opening up your 002r and reseat the power harness that's in there. That fixes it for some folks. It certainly sounds like a power harness issue again, though.

singerpainter 03-17-2007 04:32 PM

Yes! You're right; that's what it's called: Power Harness. I remember now.

Well, I guess I shall try first with your idea.

In the event that it doesn't work, and I have to get another one, is there some kind of method I can get this without having to waste my time calling them? Does anyone have any ideas how to get them to more quickly reply to support requests? 6 days is a bit, oh, shall we just say "lax."

Thanks, William. Will let you know if it works.

WilliamDC 03-17-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

Yes! You're right; that's what it's called: Power Harness. I remember now.

Well, I guess I shall try first with your idea.

In the event that it doesn't work, and I have to get another one, is there some kind of method I can get this without having to waste my time calling them? Does anyone have any ideas how to get them to more quickly reply to support requests? 6 days is a bit, oh, shall we just say "lax."

Thanks, William. Will let you know if it works.

For something like a power harness, you're better off calling them.