Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Does PT ever "become" incompatible with a HD (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=156129)

ScorchedEarth 12-30-2005 10:35 AM

Does PT ever \"become\" incompatible with a HD

My problem is that whenever my Seagate firewire drive is on, Pro Tools or my 002R kills it. It will render it inaccessible and PT won't load with the 002R on. I have done a disk check on it and Windows has found no errors on the drive. I can also access all my files through Windows.

I have tried everything but a reformat of the drive. I have done everything in the PT troubleshooting thread. I bought a qualified firewire card, even though PT has worked fine though my computer's port with the same drive in the past. I thought it was PT 7 that was causing it so I tried going back to 6.7 and 6.4 and I still had the same problem. I have even done a clean reinstall of Windows XP.

I have the ADS card and have the 002R and drive on separate ports. PT will start up and load every single time if my drive is off.

Is it possible for Pro Tools to suddenly be incompatible with a compatible drive?

JMS40 12-30-2005 11:20 AM

Re: Does PT ever \"become\" incompatible with a HD

In Pro Tools go to:
Windows > Show Workspace

There are 3 possible settings for drive volumes:
R Record and Playback
P Playback Only
T Transfer

Make sure the drive is set to R.

ScorchedEarth 12-30-2005 11:23 AM

That's the rub. I can't get PT to open with my external drive on. At all.

I can turn my 002R off and it will load, but then it will tell me that it "Can't communicate with the 002" and I can't adjust those settings. I turn the 002 back on, PT will freeze, and the drive won't be accessible.

If I let PT load with the drive off, then turn it on after it's done and try to open a session I get a "Pro Tools does not support unmapped network volumes" window.

JMS40 12-30-2005 11:31 AM

What happens if you wait until PT is launched before turning on the Firewire drive?
What format is the drive?

ScorchedEarth 12-30-2005 11:37 AM

Here are the specs:

SiSoftware Sandra

General Information
Class : Fixed
Total Size : 279GB
Free Space : 43GB, 16%

Volume Information
Volume Name : SEA_DISK
File System : FAT32