Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Let's hear your latest stuff....right here (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=60365)

-jj- 12-09-2003 04:14 PM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

rogerhavoc,
I listened "Anger Management" and liked a Lot. In my mind it had a little spirit like 70īs progressive rock but with modern (read->much better) sounds. Backround guitars was great and specially those guitarharmonies. Royīs guitar playing was more than great. Performanse was high and very tasty, original sound and style. You lookin for a singer, I read, well... worked really fine without, but then the singer must be REALLY good for the track

Jeff,
I Need You is nice and it will be good. I notice something problem rythm of acustic in about 02.52-03.00? Sound was pure and natural and I liked to hear final version, when it is ready

I Will Prevail was very clear, mood and sound was great. That kind of music I want to hear when I want to relax and I just enjoy the feeling of track. Beautiful, just beautiful

Voideco 12-09-2003 04:25 PM

Well Gracejames did a good job on the track (anger2A.mp3)

Aussie169 12-09-2003 04:49 PM

Quote:

Well Gracejames did a good job on the track (anger2A.mp3)

The problem was, he did it off his own back without asking, so I think he did his dash. A little common courtesy to the writer/artist goes a long way.

SSRJazz 12-09-2003 04:51 PM

Quote:

I Need You is nice and it will be good. I notice something problem rythm of acustic in about 02.52-03.00? Sound was pure and natural and I liked to hear final version, when it is ready

Probably is.... this was one of the songs we recorded w/o a click-track. The tempo varies and it was REALLY hard for the drummer to keep up with them once we got him in the studio. All in all tho, it turned out really well and really probably wouldn't be worth the effort to fix.

Quote:

I Will Prevail was very clear, mood and sound was great. That kind of music I want to hear when I want to relax and I just enjoy the feeling of track. Beautiful, just beautiful

I'll be sure to let Randy know you liked it. Just wish we had a good place to market his instrumental stuff like that. Lots of people like it, it's just hard to decide where to put him on the shelves of a music store. =)

-jj- 12-09-2003 05:41 PM

I was little too busy in comment before I read thread below ... Yes, I heard anger2A.mp3 just... and I have to agree, vocīs are fine, but some reason I think in my mind, that anger management worked just fine without vocal. But it was great too with vocīs... confusing

Roy Howell 12-10-2003 12:54 AM

jj,
I listened to 'the night' earlier....good job on the mix. Everything is very distinct, good presence on the guitars, and Maria's vocals are cool.
~Roy

Eddie Hulse 12-10-2003 09:37 AM

I've got a few tunes on my site. All done with PTLE into a DIGI001. Basic tracking was done live, i.e drum kit, bass, rhythm guitar. Then everything else was tracked seperately later.

Thanks for checking it out.

Ed
Barefot Studio

gracejames 12-10-2003 10:34 AM

Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here *DELETED*

Post deleted by gracejames

Voideco 12-10-2003 12:24 PM

Quote:

I was little too busy in comment before I read thread below ... Yes, I heard anger2A.mp3 just... and I have to agree, vocīs are fine, but some reason I think in my mind, that anger management worked just fine without vocal. But it was great too with vocīs... confusing

Well, I think he should not sing during the bridge, where Roy plays his guitar solo, where the chord progress changes. That would be some courtesy already ......... It also does more justice to the original composition I think. But GJ's voice sounds good over the music, better when there'd be made some space for it in the mix. My personal taste says he gave a good interpretation but there appear to be some rules about participating in someone's project, or say contributing to ~.
Voideco

Voideco 12-10-2003 12:50 PM

Btw Anger Management is staggering and complete by itsself.