Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Post - Surround - Video (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Recording video with V10 / PT8 - Problem ! (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=239073)

Helgonet 02-11-2009 01:20 AM

Recording video with V10 / PT8 - Problem !

Hi!

We've recently upgraded one suite to PT8, running on a HP XW8200.
When digitizing video and 4 channels of audio the video recording stops intermittently. Video recording stopped due to dropped frames!

Any clues on what might be the issue? I´ve run through every setting possible to optimize the computer according to the Digi-support document in this forum.

XP SP3, XW8200, 3 GB RAM, Quicktime 7.5.5, SCSI-drives, Unity, ProControl, Edit Pack, Fader Pack.

Regards, Henrik

MIKEROPHONICS 02-11-2009 01:41 AM

Re: Recording video with V10 / PT8 - Problem !

Hi

this is often a video sync ref problem. Check your v10 has Black and burst (the same as the sync io and your vt machine).

Clear down your preferences and databases too

Is your video drive too full?

Are you recording to Unity or to local scsi drives?
I have always digitized to local scssi drives, even though i was connected to unity and this caused no problems.

Sometimes I have found that the V10 gets cranky and selecting record and un-selecting record on the video track a few times clears it out.

Hope this helps

cheers

Helgonet 02-17-2009 01:01 AM

Seems to be nothing wrong with the Video Ref, PAL by the way.
The Nvidia Display Driver actually got activated when I installed new drivers for the graphics card. When I deactivated them the problem disappeared when recording on internal SCSI disk. When recording on Unity the problem remains. After a while recording drops out due to dropped frames, video track becomes greyed out, and the recording will only hold for a few seconds, then drop-out.

The other system we have run on 7.3 with none of the above mentioned problems.

Any ideas?

Sync related? PT8 related?

regards, Henrik

Helgonet 03-31-2009 11:41 PM

No one using PT8 and recording video and audio to Avid Unity?

The ref was not the problem.

Regards, Henrik

DigiTechSupt 04-01-2009 11:17 AM

Helgonet - the XW8200 was never officially tested or qualified with Pro Tools 8, so there may be issues there that we're unaware of.

Given that, can you take a look at this page and let me know if anything about your system is different than the specified requirements?

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?navi...5&itemid=22755

It is extremely important that these qualifications be followed exactly - any variation, no matter how minute, may render the system dysfunctional. BIOS versions, card order, qualified video card - all of it plays a part.

Also, can you tell me which video card driver you're on?

Helgonet 04-02-2009 11:49 AM

Hi!

Nothing, and I mean nothing breaks out of the specifications from Digi.

3 GB RAM, updated BIOS, qualified parts all the way.

I will check the Nvidia driver tomorrow, I know I updated it when I installed PT 8. The problems was there before so updating the Graphics Driver was an effort to solve the issue.

Everything worked well with 7.3, execpt for occasional "Not Responding" problems but not when recording video.

Could it be memory related?

Regards, Henrik

Helgonet 04-02-2009 11:55 AM

The driver is 6.14.11.8120, installer name 181.20. Quadro FX1400 video card. The only difference from earlier when running 7.3 is updated Bios, updated graphics driver. I've followed the Troubleshooting/Optimizing document relased from you to every point.

Henrik