Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Windows (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   SampleTank2.5 plugins not showing up (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=331483)

RichWilley 11-30-2012 06:18 PM

SampleTank2.5 plugins not showing up

Alright, I took some time off from Pro Tools 10 in Windows 7 (a few months, actually) and have now reinstalled it on a fast, new computer.

Everything is working great except that I can't seem to get the SampleTank 2.5 instruments to show up under plugins (that Inserts A-E thing).

I'm at my wits end It's hard to single out the right search terms to find this specific question on the forum, so my humblest apologies if this has already been covered.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

spenner 11-30-2012 08:37 PM

Re: SampleTank2.5 plugins not showing up

Assuming that you have the latest version of ST 2.5 installed and see the two SampleTank2 .dpm files in the Plugins folder... Are you trying to open ST 2.5 on a mono or stereo Instrument Track?

RichWilley 12-01-2012 05:44 AM

Okay, it was my fault . . . I wasn't using an instrument track.

But now that I've gotten SampleTank to show up, I can't figure out how to get the correct path so it will show my instrument choices. I don't remember having this much trouble when I did this before!

Thanks for your help!

spenner 12-01-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichWilley (Post 1985393)
Okay, it was my fault . . . I wasn't using an instrument track.

Actually, ST 2.5 can be inserted on a Stereo Audio, Aux, or Instrument track. You were probably using mono tracks.

Quote:

But now that I've gotten SampleTank to show up, I can't figure out how to get the correct path so it will show my instrument choices. I don't remember having this much trouble when I did this before!
In ST 2.5 go to Prefs > Root > Browse then navigate to and select the path to the ST 2.5 Instrument folder. (If you did not change the default path during installation then it should be in C:/Program Files (x86)/IK Multimedia/Sampletank 2.5/Instruments).

musicman691 12-01-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spenner (Post 1985401)
Actually, ST 2.5 can be inserted on a Stereo Audio, Aux, or Instrument track. You were probably using mono tracks.

In ST 2.5 go to Prefs > Root > Browse then navigate to and select the path to the ST 2.5 Instrument folder. (If you did not change the default path during installation then it should be in C:/Program Files (x86)/IK Multimedia/Sampletank 2.5/Instruments).

And don't forget to do a relist in ST just to be on the safe side. You can also set ST to do an automatic relist on startup.

spenner 12-01-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 1985452)
And don't forget to do a relist in ST just to be on the safe side. You can also set ST to do an automatic relist on startup.

+1. Very good point.

RichWilley 12-01-2012 05:52 PM

You folks are geniuses! Thank you . . . it's working like a charm now. I really appreciate your help!!!