Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   PACE services stopped/won't manually start. (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=388161)

Havoc911 01-17-2017 04:53 PM

PACE services stopped/won't manually start.

I have been using Cubase as my primary DAW lately, but now I have a project which will require PT. Pace License Services is stopped and when I try to start it manually, I get the message "The operation could not be completed. The dependency service or group failed to start." When I try to open my iLok License Manager, I get the message "Software Component Unavailable. A background component for iLok License Manager seems to be unavailable. If rebooting does not fix this, please visit iLok.com and download the latest License Support Installer." I have done this--twice--and nothing changes. My computer is recognizing that my iLok is plugged in.

Benoni 01-17-2017 05:07 PM

Re: PACE services stopped/won't manually start.

Did you uninstall everything iLok and then install the latest version?

amagras 01-18-2017 10:03 AM

Can you describe what steps you are following to star that PACE service manually?

crizdee 01-18-2017 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoni (Post 2407754)
Did you uninstall everything iLok and then install the latest version?

Hi,

Yes this is the likely cause! are you on Mac or PC if Mac then delete all pace and ilok preferences from user/library/preferences/ com.paceap.xxxxxxxxx

then re-install latest ilok manager

Chris

groovebrother 08-03-2021 05:21 AM

hi

ilok pu t me in hell with his LM
it keeps sayin : a background component required for ilok seems to be unavailable blablabla ...

i tried 140 times install uninstall nothing would do

any clues ???

EDIT i found why. on june 9th 2021 Ilok updated their installer (LicenseSupportInstallerMac_v5.3.3_37a3867eb8) without any warnings and still saying it's from mountain lion till last osx version compatible.
BUT ITS NOT
So if any need to reinstall on mavericks better use that one : LicenseSupportInstallerMac_v5.0.0_r43164
And i'mpretty sure this one would work too : LicenseSupportInstallerMac_v3.1.3_r35733

dumb @$$es at ilok

Soundmary 08-10-2021 02:52 PM

Hi. I have exactly the same problem when I tried to reinstall protools on Mavericks. Where did you find the correct installer? I can't find one that works or either of the ones you list. Driving me mad!
Thanks!

groovebrother 08-14-2021 07:30 AM

i just sent you a MP

well ... don't be suprised if you don't find it because ilok isn't clever enought to let us download old installers ... what a pain in the @$$ those bulls***s