Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   VENUE Live Sound Systems (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Flux Pure Analyzer Problems (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=330229)

rivercenter 10-31-2012 07:24 AM

Flux Pure Analyzer Problems

I downloaded this software as part of Venue Pack 4 and installed it on a new MacBook Pro. It worked fine the first few times I used it. Now it hangs on initialization and I have to perform a force quit to get out of it. It leaves a notice onscreen that my trial of the metering option has expired. The notice is unresponsive and the computer has to be restarted to clear the notice.

I filed a problem report with Flux. They had me download the latest revision and trash the preferences. It didn't fix the problem and I haven't been able to get a response from them in two weeks.

Is anyone else having similar issues? Suggestions?

Thanks,

John Davis
House Audio
RiverCenter for the Performing Arts

Sheldon Radford 11-01-2012 09:29 AM

Re: Flux Pure Analyzer Problems

Hi John,

Just to confirm, are you running the latest version of Pure Analyzer, compatible with Mountain Lion? It was posted within the past few weeks:
https://www.fluxhome.com/download/

Sheldon

rivercenter 11-02-2012 08:10 AM

Yes, I downloaded and installed revision 1.2.8.14448.

I've wondered if maybe the expiration notice is hanging me up, or if there's a preference file location that I don't know about.

Greg Kopchinski 11-02-2012 08:57 AM

Hi John, yes, I think I have seen that before - please remove the expired auths from the iLok and see if that gets you past the initialization hang and into the app. Greg

evanzrod 11-04-2012 06:54 AM

I am having the same issue. I had it working on Lion, upgraded to mountain lion and getting that prompt for license. The only things I have on my ilok are the following:

Product: Pure Analyzer Multichannel
Company: Flux Type: Trial
Expiration: 10/28/2012
Date downloaded: 08/29/2012

Product: Pure Analyzer Essential
Company: Flux Type: License
Expiration: Never

Product: Pure Analyzer Live

Product: Pure Analyzer Metering

Cant find my prefs for this program to trash. I ran the uninstaller that came with the package and re installed it with the same results.

Please advise.

rivercenter 11-05-2012 07:31 AM

Hey Greg,

This is from the ilok FAQ:

You cannot remove demo or trial licenses from an iLok. If you purchase the corresponding product, you can replace the demo or trial license with the full license. Demo or trial licenses that are part of a Bundle behave differently. These licenses are not replaced by the full license, but are instead Queued. If you need to free up space on a given iLok, you can move your demo or trial licenses to another iLok.

I'll have to remove my SC48 from it's road case later today to try and transfer these trial licenses to my console ilok. I'll advise whether or not it repairs the issue.

Thanks,
John

rivercenter 11-05-2012 07:41 AM

Hey Evanzrod,

Per the Flux support folks

The preferences files are located at :
- "/Users/yourusername/Documents/Flux/"
- "/Users/yourusername/.flux/Pure Analyzer System/" (hidden directory)

John

rivercenter 11-06-2012 06:14 AM

Hi Greg,

Moving the expired trial licenses over to my console ilok has gotten me past the hang-up and into the app. I did not have to clear preferences manually. I uninstalled the program using Flux's provided uninstaller, reinstalled the latest revision and it started right up.

Many thanks for your assistance.

John

evanzrod 11-06-2012 07:35 AM

Deleting pref's did nothing for me.
Transferring trial licenses to another ilok did.

evanzrod 11-06-2012 07:51 AM

Now I only have 4 layouts. (Studio A | Spectrum, Studio B | Spectrum, Studio C | Scope, and Studio D | Full spectrum)

I reinstalled, but am not seeing all the other layouts that I need!!

Please advise.