Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Missing AAX plug ins that should be included with Pro Tools (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=416356)

Bingo21 07-24-2021 07:19 PM

Missing AAX plug ins that should be included with Pro Tools

For some reason i'm missing multiple AAX plug ins such as EQ III and Dynamics III. These are said to be included when I install Pro Tools and I do see them extract during setup. I have reinstalled Pro Tools multiple times and have searched online for a separate download. I really need these two specifically for my school project so if anyone can help that would be great :).

Top Jimmy 07-24-2021 08:18 PM

Re: Missing AAX plug ins that should be included with Pro Tools

Where are you not finding them? In the Audiosuite menu or the insert slots?

Have you checked in both the multi-mono and multichannel menus in the insert slots?

Bingo21 07-24-2021 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Jimmy (Post 2608703)
Where are you not finding them? In the Audiosuite menu or the insert slots?

Have you checked in both the multi-mono and multichannel menus in the insert slots?

It's not in the plugin folders. It's not in the insert slots or multi-mono/channel menus.

musicman691 07-25-2021 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bingo21 (Post 2608704)
It's not in the plugin folders. It's not in the insert slots or multi-mono/channel menus.

Did you let the installer put them where it wanted to?
Avid no longer uses Roman numerals in the plugin names. It's now EQ3 1-band and EQ3 7-band for the eq. For dynamics it's now Dyn3 Compressor/Limiter, Dyn3 De-esser and Dyn 3 Expander/Gate.

K Roche 07-25-2021 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bingo21 (Post 2608698)
For some reason i'm missing multiple AAX plug ins such as EQ III and Dynamics III. These are said to be included when I install Pro Tools and I do see them extract during setup. I have reinstalled Pro Tools multiple times and have searched online for a separate download. I really need these two specifically for my school project so if anyone can help that would be great :).

Is this the first time you have installed PT or are you upgrading versions ?
Good idea to list your system OS version and PT version. And do you see them flash on the start up screen when launching PT ?

Bingo21 07-25-2021 09:17 PM

This is the first time I've had pro tools on my computer. I'm using Windows 10 64-bit and Pro Tools Ultimate Trial 2021.6.0. During the setup process I see EQ3 and Dyn3 show up but when I restart and open Pro Tools they don't flash on the start up screen.

unkJE 07-25-2021 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bingo21 (Post 2608704)
... (EQ III and Dynamics III) ...It's not in the plugin folders. It's not in the insert slots or multi-mono/channel menus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bingo21 (Post 2608768)
This is the first time I've had pro tools on my computer. I'm using Windows 10 64-bit and Pro Tools Ultimate Trial 2021.6.0. During the setup process I see EQ3 and Dyn3 show up but when I restart and open Pro Tools they don't flash on the start up screen.

Hi and welcome to the community …

I’m also using Windows 10 64-bit and Pro Tools 2021.6.0, but I see both DynamicsIII.aaxplugin and EQIII.aaxplugin here:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\Avid
If you only have Avid plug-ins installed - and no 3rd-Party plugins - look in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins

In the Display tab in Pro Tools Preferences > Organize Plug-In Menus By > tick “Category and Manufacturer
Save and exit Pro Tools
Launch Pro Tools again ... does this fix it?

Bingo21 07-25-2021 09:44 PM

I already looked there and they're just not in the folder. Again I see them extract during the setup and installation but when I restart my computer and open pro tools they're missing. I have tried to reinstall multiple times and I have looked for external download online but there's none.

unkJE 07-25-2021 11:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
See pics - both multichannel and multi-mono versions of both EQIII and DynamicsIII are available

Downloads can be corrupted – try downloading again from your Avid account

Click the ‘Publisher’ tab in Windows Programs and Features to see all your Avid installations - also uninstall other Avid, like Avid Effects and Avid HD Driver (x64)
then run the free CCleaner, followed by as many CCleaner Registry (save backup when prompted) that are needed to fix issues.

Restart computer

Install Pro Tools

Restart computer

Launch Pro Tools

unkJE 07-26-2021 01:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
... also pics of AudioSuite versions for both EQIII and DynIII

(maximum 5 pics per Post allowed)