Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Licensing & Accounts (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   GrooveCell and SynthCell licenses not deposited yet (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=419748)

scoobyabbott 04-26-2022 01:52 PM

GrooveCell and SynthCell licenses not deposited yet

I'm being prompted to active these two programs.

I click 'activate' and I'm taken to a sign-in screen looking for my ilok info. I enter that info into the box.

It then sends me to a screen that says "Select License to Activate'. 'You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of the licenses there have activation available. If you have an iLok USB device with a license activated on it, please plug it in now.'

I then have to 'quit' out of that screen and the plugins fail to load. All of my other plugins are working fine through the iLok and I have an up-to-date subscription of Pro Tools Studio with Software Updates and the Support Plan through November 2022.

What am I doing wrong?

ecru 04-26-2022 04:15 PM

Re: Pro Tools Studio 2022.4 - Trying to activate GrooveCell an SynthCell

I'm experiencing the same issue with GrooveCell as well as SynthCell. It seems like they are now included with Pro Tools Studio, and they were in my Avid Link to install, but there's no activation in my iLok

jeffro 04-26-2022 04:18 PM

Re: Trying to activate GrooveCell and SynthCell

Sorry for the wait... this is explained in avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/Pro-Tools-Tiers
How are GrooveCell and SynthCell virtual instruments authorized?
They are authorized by iLok licenses. These licenses are tied to your Subscription or Software Updates + Support Pan. Avid began depositing these on Apr 22 (in advance of the release) and is expecting all deposits to be completed by the end of April. Please watch your iLok account for these licenses.

ecru 04-26-2022 04:50 PM

Re: Trying to activate GrooveCell and SynthCell

Thanks. That explains it (at least for the next 2 weeks)!

scoobyabbott 04-27-2022 04:12 AM

Re: GrooveCell and SynthCell licenses not deposited yet

Thanks for the info!

MrDibS 04-27-2022 10:04 AM

Re: Do perpetual users get GrooveCell and SynthCell?

Thanks. I'll wait patiently for my licenses then.

mnstudio 04-27-2022 10:10 AM

GrooveCell and SynthCell licenses

Downloaded and installed Pro Tools 2022.4 with GrooveCell and SytnhCell but they seem not to be authorized. How can I use them?

jeffro 04-27-2022 10:35 AM

Re: GrooveCell and SynthCell licenses

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnstudio (Post 2634655)
Downloaded and installed Pro Tools 2022.4 with GrooveCell and SytnhCell but they seem not to be authorized. How can I use them?

[merged threads]

Sorry for the wait... this is explained in avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/Pro-Tools-Tiers
How are GrooveCell and SynthCell virtual instruments authorized?
They are authorized by iLok licenses. These licenses are tied to your Subscription or Software Updates + Support Pan. Avid began depositing these on Apr 22 (in advance of the release) and is expecting all deposits to be completed by the end of April. Please watch your iLok account for these licenses.

Tweakhead 04-27-2022 12:10 PM

my licenses just popped up in my iLok account a few hours ago.
They both seem reasonably usable, although I think they should really be permanent licenses for customers who own a perpetual Pro Tools license.
They both expire at the end of the year. That fact alone will probably make me never want to use them - as I never want to use anything which is a "hostage situation". Pretty lame if you ask me, after all they're not exactly state-of-the-art VI's.

jsbach 04-27-2022 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweakhead (Post 2634680)
my licenses just popped up in my iLok account a few hours ago.
They both seem reasonably usable, although I think they should really be permanent licenses for customers who own a perpetual Pro Tools license.
They both expire at the end of the year. That fact alone will probably make me never want to use them - as I never want to use anything which is a "hostage situation". Pretty lame if you ask me, after all they're not exactly state-of-the-art VI's.

Where do they show up in your iLok account? Under "Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle" group or the "Pro Tools Perpetual" group?