Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Question on Instrument Tracks (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=217085)

jsmithington 03-02-2008 03:21 PM

Question on Instrument Tracks

Is it possible to have multiple MIDI lines in a single instrument track triggering different channels of the plug-in, or do we have to use individual MIDI tracks?
Thanks.

filosofem 03-02-2008 05:48 PM

Re: Question on Instrument Tracks

According to the Reference Guide, yeah, Start-click the MIDI Output selector.

filosofem

Keybeeetsss 03-02-2008 07:26 PM

as many as the indtrument plug allows, u can open in PT...for ex, the Motu has an A,B,C, & D with each having 16 channels so u could open 64 midi channels in PT & go to work....

whateverwrks 03-03-2008 12:35 PM

im having problems with instrument tracks...can somebody walk me through really quick how to record from reason in to protools...I open the midi or instrument track...use the rewire...but then when I try to record nothing happens....can somebody help?

Keybeeetsss 03-03-2008 01:30 PM

ok but u gotta pay close attn bud-deee...Open an instrument track(s) & midi of course...open a reason/rewire on the instr. track...(GO DOWN TO THE BOTTOM LEFT CORNER OF THE MIX WINDOW & OPEN THE WINDOW WHERE U CAN SELECT WHETHER TO VIEW INSTRUMENT, INSERTS, SENDSA-E, SENDS F-J, TRACK COLOR, COMMENTS....CHECK INSTRUMENT{not the arrows but the view icon}) @ the top of the mix window u'll see "ALL"-"NONE" etc...(on the instrument tracks only)...where u see "NONE", select that & you will see the different Virtual Instru. as well as instr. u've ALREADY open/created in REASON....select accordingly...u actually don't even need to use midi tracks doin it this way...ALSO make sure that ur MIDI THRU is checked in the OPTIONS in PT...if ur midi is set up correctly then there u hav it...

jsmithington 03-03-2008 07:03 PM

Hmm...I tried start-clicking and it seemed to select *both* MIDI channels, which would send the same MIDI line to both channels. I want to have different MIDI sequences triggering different channels of the instrument. Possible?

filosofem 03-03-2008 11:19 PM

Yes but the MIDI device needs to be Multitimbral.

filosofem

jsmithington 03-04-2008 06:40 AM

The plug-in is multitimbral. I don't see how to write/record different MIDI lines in a single instrument track, though.

SeedGuy 03-04-2008 09:35 AM

You can't, you need to create 1 instrument track with the plug-in instance on, this instrument track input will be plug-in 1+2 by default, and you cant change that.

Create another instrument track,

change the MIDI output to channel 2 of your plug-in,

channel 2 output of the plug-in to (usually) output 3+4,

then the input of your instrument track to plug-in > 3+4

Continue to do this with the amount of tracks you want.

jsmithington 03-04-2008 09:55 AM

Bummer, that's the way I do it now with MIDI tracks. I was just hoping there was a way to consolidate all MIDI tracks that point to the same intstrument into a single track. Thanks for the help.