Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Some audio trks are missing when I bounce to disk (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=167795)

J. Rivera 05-13-2006 02:08 PM

Some audio trks are missing when I bounce to disk

All the tracks in the session are selected from start to end. When I press play, all is well. When I try to bounce to disk half the tracks go missing. What am I doing wrong. HD3/G5 Quad

wheresmyfroggy 05-13-2006 02:20 PM

Re: Some audio trks are missing when I bounce to disk

Do they actually physically dissapear? or are they just missing from your bounce? If they are just missing from the bounce have you double checked your bounce source is the source you are moitoring/wishing to bounce? (this has caught me out before now)

HTH

Tom

J. Rivera 05-13-2006 02:32 PM

No, the audio track's do not disappear. They're just missing in the bounce. Yesterday, I bounced this tune a few times with no problems. Made some tweaks this morning, haven't been able to bounce.

wheresmyfroggy 05-13-2006 02:46 PM

Okay, so like i said have you double checked that the bounce source hasn't defaulted to something wierd? (like i said in my first post this may be really obvious but it has caught me out before)

If that is not the problem what sort of tweaking have you done since you last bounced?

J. Rivera 05-13-2006 03:37 PM

I check the bounce source every time I bounce, I also have been caught by the wrong source in the past. That is not the case now. Early this morning, I added three plugins on three different channels and tweaked the volume & pan on two other. I've been trying to bounce, but it's still not working.

wheresmyfroggy 05-13-2006 03:45 PM

Have you done all the usuall trashing of prefs etc???

Is it always the same tracks missing?? if so can you see some link between them (same plugin or bus output for instance)??

crizdee 05-14-2006 03:06 AM

Hi,

The tracks that are missing! do they have anything in common?

Just check and do the following...

Delete all Digi database files from all hard drive partitions and the digi database folder from Library/App support/digidesign.

Make sure your entire session length is selected and extend the selection to just a little past the end of the last region.

Try your HW buffer at a higher level. playback settings

Try your DAE buffer at a higher level. playback settings

Try allocating more DSP's per voices in the playback settings

What is your CPU meter usage showing?

You might have to trash all prefs and even try re-installing PT! this doesn't take long and can be done from your installer CD, using the install option and select un-install under the custom options, reboot the mac and then re-install PT again. select the safe option and this will keep all your third party plugs and just reinstall PT files and the digirack plugs.

Chris

25ghosts 05-14-2006 05:06 AM

may sound stupid - but make sure that all trax are set to the output u wanna bounce:-) i.e. 01/02

Drew Mazurek 05-14-2006 06:04 AM

Quote:

may sound stupid - but make sure that all trax are set to the output u wanna bounce:-) i.e. 01/02

exactly. if you're using sub groups or a sub master (bus) as i do, it's possible to hear everything but it not be in the bounce.

crizdee 05-14-2006 06:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

exactly. if you're using sub groups or a sub master (bus) as i do, it's possible to hear everything but it not be in the bounce.

Well the poster seems quite confident from his replies that the "bounce sourse" has been checked as mentioned in post 2/4/5 and he "bounced yesterday with no problems"!

So it does seem like a deeper problem than the obvious ones! but yes that does sounds like the logical cause.

Chris