Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   AAX Plug-ins (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Plugin Alliance Leap Year Sale (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=414274)

macmusic9 02-27-2021 09:39 AM

Plugin Alliance Leap Year Sale

Coupon for $29 plugin of choice. Only a couple excluded so a really good deal on some that are $300 -$350. This coupon ends tonight but there are two more promotions in the next few days. Just a heads up!

JCBigler 02-27-2021 11:00 AM

Re: Plugin Alliance Leap Year Sale

But...It's not a leap year. Last year was the leap year. :confused:

macmusic9 02-27-2021 11:19 AM

After the past year are we really sure?? I'm waiting for Bobby Ewing (Patrick Duffy - Dallas) to step out of a shower and tell us the whole year was just a dream!:eek:

musicman691 02-27-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCBigler (Post 2594639)
But...It's not a leap year. Last year was the leap year. :confused:

We know that but this is Dirk's way of plugging a sale. It's still a pretty decent sale with a small handful of plugins not eligible.

Stephen Bond 03-01-2021 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman691 (Post 2594644)
It's still a pretty decent sale with a small handful of plugins not eligible.

Yeah waiting on some of the newer plugins. Just need to be patient.

Regarding the sale, of course the prices are good at $36 per plugin here in the UK including VAT. That said I've paid an average of much less for all my Plugin Alliance plugins. I added it up the other year and my average price was around $25 less over the 5 or 6 years.

I read the other day on the FB group of a person buying two plugins last month at $10 each :eek: These were not bx_tuners either! I have some way to go in the getting deals it seems.

Stephen

musicman691 03-01-2021 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Bond (Post 2594753)
Yeah waiting on some of the newer plugins. Just need to be patient.

Regarding the sale, of course the prices are good at $36 per plugin here in the UK including VAT. That said I've paid an average of much less for all my Plugin Alliance plugins. I added it up the other year and my average price was around $25 less over the 5 or 6 years.

I read the other day on the FB group of a person buying two plugins last month at $10 each :eek: These were not bx_tuners either! I have some way to go in the getting deals it seems.

Stephen

That buyer probably had a decent loyalty voucher. They come in three amounts depending on how much one has spent in a rolling 12 month year. $25/$50/$75. There's still ways to game the system and they're legit. There's a thing that goes on monthly over on a Gearslutz thread where people sometimes trade vouchers or give their's up because they either have no use for it or because of the minimum spend needed to use the voucher isn't met. For instance with a $50 voucher you have to spend a minimum of $75.

It takes some smart shopping as well as paying attention to the dynamic pricing. That's where you get a discount depending on how many plugins you buy. Say you purchase two plugins - you get a 20% discount on the total purchase price. Add a third plugin and you get another 10% discount for a total of 30% discount on the total price. And so on up to 60% off the total purchase price.

JFreak 03-01-2021 05:39 AM

PA has always promos that include "everything except the ones you want to buy" so be careful before you get excited

musicman691 03-01-2021 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFreak (Post 2594760)
PA has always promos that include "everything except the ones you want to buy" so be careful before you get excited

They started with the exclusions a little over a year ago along with the minimum spend on vouchers because people were seriously taking advantage of things. Combine that with Dirk trying to get buyers to get on the subscription plan (along with some artificially high prices like the Amek 200 eq) and you get the 'why' behind the picture.

JFreak 03-01-2021 06:00 AM

Sure, I have no problem new plugs get off the exclusion list few years later.. just that don't believe "any" plugin is on sale.

Stephen Bond 03-02-2021 02:36 AM

Most of the new plugins reach the "affordable" (reasonable) price range within around a year, some far quicker last year. My guess is depending on uptake, some arrive earlier and others later. Either way, pretty much most of the plugins arrive in the $30 or less before too long. The current any plugin for $30 sale is clear testimony.

I wonder why they are holding out on the Amek? Sure, it is a very sweet sounding EQ but I am not sure if there is something that magical about it to cause me to pay over $100? Dirk seems to be holding onto for a bone for the subscribers. He made that intention for the beginning until such point he had realised he had contradicted himself and would alienate non subscribing customers. Either way, it certainly is not a juice enough bone to get me to subscribe.

Stephen