Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools 12 (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Random Scrolling / PageUp in Edit Window (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=402188)

bobpepek 11-30-2018 04:38 PM

Random Scrolling / PageUp in Edit Window

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it's starting to drive me insane. I'll be in the middle of a session and the edit window will snap to the top of the window (like if you pressed the PageUp key on your keyboard).

If I just leave PT alone and watch it for a few minutes, it will jump up 8 tracks ON IT'S OWN. For instance, if I have 20 tracks (for the sake of argument we'll call them DIAL_1, DIAL_2, etc...), if I have DIAL_20 selected after some time the edit window will automatically select DIAL_12 (8 tracks up). If I continue to leave it alone it will jump up and select DIAL_4 (again, 8 tracks).

The only thing I can compare it to is, when I select "BANK" on my Presonus Faderport 8 and use the rotary knob, Pro Tools will select and link 8 tracks. So if I have DIAL_1 selected, press the BANK button on the Faderport, and turn the rotary knob clockwise one click, it will choose the next 8 tracks (DIAL_9 - DIAL_16), if I turn it one more click it will display the next 8 tracks (DIAL_17 - DIAL_24).

I thought that maybe my Faderport was the culprit and thought maybe it needed a software update, however when I turned it off the problem continued. I'm stumped by this... does anyone have any suggestions, or experiencing the same issue???

Also, if I select one of the top tracks (ie. DIAL_1) and scroll down so I can't see DIAL_1 anymore and sit and wait, Pro Tools snaps to the top of the edit window (to whatever track is selected).

The problem is more of a nuisance than anything. As simple as the problem is, it's driving me mad!

A little about my setup:

PT 12.4
DIGI003
Windows 7
Eight-core PC
32GB DDR3 RAM
Presonus Faderport 8

bobpepek 12-01-2018 12:53 PM

Re: Random Scrolling / PageUp in Edit Window

For anyone experiencing the same issue, I found the fix. Go to Preferences > Mixing > Controllers you need to De-Select Edit Window Follows Bank Selection and Mix Window Follows Bank Selection.

Holy hell was that agitating!

lyman23 07-14-2020 03:52 PM

Thanks Bob! Couldn't figure out why that was suddenly happening.

Verbcrunch 07-01-2022 10:42 AM

THANK YOU!! This was happening here, couldn't figure out what was going on. Unchecked the "follow bank selection" options, problem stopped completely.

epm 07-13-2022 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verbcrunch (Post 2640862)
THANK YOU!! This was happening here, couldn't figure out what was going on. Unchecked the "follow bank selection" options, problem stopped completely.

I know this is an old thread but curious if anybody else having an issue with this preference not sticking? It seems that even when unchecked, my edit window scrolls so that whatever is banked to is at the top of the edit window.

PT 2022.6 10.14.6 Faderport V1