Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Fast Track USB (2nd gen) Drivers for OSX 10.9 Mavericks (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=348878)

JvdP1969 12-28-2013 07:30 AM

Fast Track USB (2nd gen) Drivers for OSX 10.9 Mavericks

Hello,

Since 22 october 2013, OSX Mavericks was ready for download. Up until now, 29 december 2013, no drivers are available for the Fast Track USB (2nd gen). Is there an estimate on when drivers wil be available?

Ik use the Fast Track USB (2nd gen) for recording music and would very much be able to do that again as soon as possible.

Look forward te hear something.

Guderbass 12-31-2013 10:42 AM

Re: Fast Track USB (2nd gen) Drivers for OSX 10.9 Mavericks

It's a joke!

Mavericks has been live for over 2 months now and still nobody has an answer to this!

JoelG 12-31-2013 11:12 AM

I've asked for an update on this, if I hear anything I'll post back.

Joel

Guderbass 01-02-2014 04:21 AM

Thanks Joel - look forward to hearing from you.

It's very frustrating, as my audio is now effectively bricked, as now not only can I not use ProTools or Garageband, I can't even play my iTunes library through the device.

As an avid (pardon the pun!) user of Macs for over 15 years, the major attraction has been their plug 'n' play compatibility with external devices. Avid/M-Audio has seriously dropped the ball with this one.

I know some users have suggested downgrading to an earlier Apple OS, but I'm reluctant to do so because...

1. If the system becomes unstable, Apple does not support it. Apple does not support downgrades.
2. Apple cannot guarantee the functionality of a downgrade. Mavericks changes the build on your computer.

Look forward to some sensible news on this issue!

Guderbass 01-02-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelG (Post 2116719)
I've asked for an update on this, if I hear anything I'll post back.

Joel

Hi Joel

Just had a message from Avid on Facebook, saying that Fast Track Solo is class-compliant, so no drivers needed but to check the forums for advice!!! Does nobody speak to each other within Avid?

microstudio 01-02-2014 05:31 PM

Once again AVID screws their customers don't hold your breath because AVID does not care about their customers what they care about as a company is the money, they got your money when you bought the Fast Track and most likely sold 2-300,000 units or more.

The 11 Rack has not been updated in years!

AVID is a bad company and I will never buy anything from them again and I will do my very best to let everyone one know how they have supported there products and it will be negative because it is true.

My name is Matt and I own and operate www.LearnReason.com

It's a shame a company lets their customers down time after time.

captain_adama 01-02-2014 07:45 PM

Hi,
Check out – http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...-Track-Drivers
Quote:

Nov 12, 2013
Provides support for Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
But dont work for me..

microstudio 01-03-2014 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain_adama (Post 2117382)
Hi,
Check out – http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...-Track-Drivers

But dont work for me..

The Driver update is well known not to work and it does not work for me.

JvdP1969 01-03-2014 01:41 PM

Thanks everybody, for the remarks and help. I asked Avid for a support request and yesterday they told me to try the 1.9.5 version that should provide support for Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me as well. I'll let them know and hope that there will be a solution soon.

Johan

JvdP1969 03-03-2014 05:49 AM

With the OSX Mavericks 10.9.2 update the Fast Track USB (2nd gen) was still not working with the 1.9.5 drivers provided by Avid. After some searching on google I found something (regarding a Fast Track Pro) that I thought was worth trying. It stated that you simply have to uninstall the Avid drivers.

I thought I'd give it a try with the Uninstall option provided with the 1.9.5. drivers for my Fast Track USB (2nd gen). To my surprise it worked. So I don't have any Avid drivers installed, but my Fast Track is working. It plays sound, and more importantly, I'm able to record with it in Logic Pro.

So my problem is solved...

I thought I'd let you know. Maybe this will work for others as well...