Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Apogee Symp.MKI + HDX –Missing Outputs- (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=417328)

RayCervenka 10-08-2021 06:11 PM

Apogee Symp.MKI + HDX –Missing Outputs-

Are there any Apogee Symphony MKI + HDX users:
• I have a Apogee Syphony MKI (16 In x 32 Out) that I've been using with the Apogee Thunderbridge with PT Vanilla and finally upgraded to a new HDX card with PT Ultimate on Big Sur 11.4 (MacPro trash-can 12-Core + AVID PCIe Exp.. Installation was fine installing the Apogee drivers and the MKI showed up on the first launch.

• However, PT only gives 16–outputs (also displayed in the OSX Audio window) but only passes audio through 1–8. 9–16 have no audio output and 17–32 are not available at all.

• Hardware setup shows under Peripherals "HD I/O #1, HDX #1, Port 1 Exp. Main-Tab shows only 1–16.
– Is this the limitations at this point with this 3rd-party interface or am I missing something.

Many thanks for any advice.

LDS 10-08-2021 09:30 PM

Re: Apogee Symp.MKI + HDX –Missing Outputs-

It should be possible with the Symphony in Pro Tools HD AIM mode. Each card in the Symphony should appear as a separate HD I/O interface in Pro Tools. It seems only one is turning up, so something is amiss there.

martthie_08 10-09-2021 12:57 AM

HD Driver installed? Just asking because you wrote you were using Vanilla before

RayCervenka 10-09-2021 01:01 AM

L…
• Thanks for responding. Since then, it lost outputs 1–2 and then completely lost the HDX card in playback-engine. Ran Digitest and "no HDX card detected". Did all of the usual, uninstalled/reinstalled HD Driver, checked the internal power-cable, swapped out the TB cable. This is a brand new card and Avid one-slot chassis from an AVID dealer purchased this week. Fresh install of Big Sur on a certified Mac. Install and firmware-update was all OK.

• Reconnected the Apogee with my other 6,1 via Thunderbridge and no problems. All I/O working with ProTools Vanilla so I can still work. I'll post my findings.

DetroitT 10-10-2021 10:57 AM

Digilink cables and license?

RayCervenka 10-10-2021 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetroitT (Post 2615701)
Digilink cables and license?

Yes. AVID interface-cable that I've been using for years and never-used adapter. New Digilink and a new Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual License. Thanks!

LDS 10-13-2021 01:38 PM

There are a bunch of documents up on the avid site that outline steps to take of HDX isn’t recognised by OSX. It is often related to the version of OSX you use, and whether the installer showed the “allow” security pop up during the installation process.