Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Revibe . . . how is it? (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=105766)

hitp 05-12-2004 12:15 PM

Revibe . . . how is it?

So Revibe is finally shipping. Anyone tried it out? How does it compare to the rest of the TDM verbs. Heard the demo at NAMM last Jan. Sounded pretty impressive in the noisy show floor. No way to compare it with the others though.

So lets hear it from Revibe users! Hopefully Digi will bundle it in an Accel Upgrade or something.

Vaphoron 05-12-2004 12:42 PM

Re: Revibe . . . how is it?

I almost don't want to try it yet because I am afraid that I will like it and want to buy it. I really don't want to spend $900 and then have them bundle it with an Accel card for $3000 or something right after I buy it.

hitp 05-12-2004 01:23 PM

I'm going to try downloading the demo. Haven't gotten our accel system up yet. It sounded good at NAMM. Bought Waves IR-1 for less than $995. So let's see what happens. They still list Reverb One for $995 . . . most do not discount much. Also the Eventide verbs go for lower. I figure it will be in some future Accel bundle as speculated in the other thread.

Anyone try it yet???

Cheers!

Chris Townsend 05-12-2004 02:41 PM

I love it. It's quite possibly the best damn reverb ever.

Lee Blaske 05-12-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

That settles it then.

Lee Blaske

J Fernandez 05-13-2004 01:38 AM

This Thing is incredible ! This will put the whole Pro Tools/Reverb thing to rest. check it out and be ready to be amazed !

Allan Speers 05-13-2004 02:27 AM

I'm with Chris.

Revibe can go head-to-head with the TC 6000 and Lex 480 / 960. Actually, it can do things those can't.

There will never be a single 'verb that will do everything you need, but if I had to pick a desert-island 'verb, it would literally be Revibe. I'm being completely serious. I have been slowly switching tracks to reVibe from the big hardware, and clients are giving big smiles all around.

Steve Nelson 05-13-2004 03:03 AM

Quote:

Chris,

When is it available to buy in the digistore, I have the demo already.

Thanks

Steve

Chris Townsend 05-13-2004 10:47 AM

Quote:

Chris,

When is it available to buy in the digistore, I have the demo already.

It should be any day now.

hitp 05-13-2004 12:28 PM

Great Chris! Count me in on a purchase at the Digistore. . . putting the first of many Accel systems in this weekend . . . will try it then. Excited as anything to try Revibe on sessions! Tried it at NAMM it was a cut above Reverb One.

Cheers!