Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community (https://duc.avid.com/index.php)
-   Pro Tools M-Powered (Win) (https://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Pro Tools 8 64bit public beta (https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=250881)

Zeff 07-27-2009 11:43 AM

Pro Tools 8 64bit public beta

Hey, I don't want to get this started again but does anyone know if there is a public beta of Pro Tools 8 64bit for Vista yet. If not, does anyone have any idea of when Digi is expecting to release one?

Thanks,
Joe

Wavelabs 07-27-2009 01:13 PM

Re: Pro Tools 8 64bit public beta

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeff (Post 1432218)
Hey, I don't want to get this started again but does anyone know if there is a public beta of Pro Tools 8 64bit for Vista yet. If not, does anyone have any idea of when Digi is expecting to release one?

Thanks,
Joe

Wait for Windows v7 to come out on October 2009.
It will be out by then with the x64-bit.

Vista is going to hit the toilet as soon as Windows v7 comes out.
consider Vista trash when Win7 comes out.

AndrewG 07-28-2009 05:29 AM

Hi i'm a registered Pro tools M-powered 8 user and i've just bought a standard quad-core PC. I'm looking to buy Windows 7 64-bit but before i upgrade to Windows 7, will i have to buy the 64-bit version of Pro tools M-powered 8 (when it comes out) or will it be available for free upgrading to registered Pro tools M-powered 8 users? I know its a bit early to be asking this question but i'm starting to plan my approach to upgrading my home recording studio and need to make a choice on what 64-bit recording software i'm going to use, before i start planning my buget for the extras on the PC (software,hard drives ect.). Your help will be appreciated. Thanks.

GordonFreeman 08-04-2009 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeff (Post 1432218)

Thanks,
Joe

HAH that is funny. Public beta? Lets keep dreaming, shall we? Next thing, we'll be dreaming about "stable" and "latest" Pro Tools version management, open source, native Pro Tools, and all the beautiful things that could happen if Digidesign ever cut the greedy capitalist profit BS and actually cared about making the best DAW in the world ever, for everyone - including the African school kid who wants to make music.

That would be nice, yes. A vision of a beautiful world.
Public Beta. hah. Silly you. If they can't make huge sums of money from it, they won't release it.

RichrdC 08-12-2009 09:41 PM

Wow, politics on the DUC.. Just wondering Gordon, if you work for free? Do you want to earn, notice I said earn, a good living? I'm sure the profits Digi makes don't get burried in their backyard. It probably goes towards R & D, nice cars, profit sharing match contributions, etc etc, and all this stuff the folks at Digi do with their profits puts people to work.. Go capitalism, the engine that gave us all the chance to be the next greedy Digidesign by coming up with the next best mousetrap.. Regards, Richrdc

GordonFreeman 08-12-2009 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichrdC (Post 1440531)
Wow, politics on the DUC.. Just wondering Gordon, if you work for free? Do you want to earn, notice I said earn, a good living? I'm sure the profits Digi makes don't get burried in their backyard. It probably goes towards R & D, nice cars, profit sharing match contributions, etc etc, and all this stuff the folks at Digi do with their profits puts people to work.. Go capitalism, the engine that gave us all the chance to be the next greedy Digidesign by coming up with the next best mousetrap.. Regards, Richrdc

I understand. Still, if I was in control of Digidesign, I would completely overhaul the brand to levels never
imagined by my predecessors. It would be able to swallow the competition without even buying the companies.

Epic. Magnificent. It would blow your mind.

TOM@METRO 08-13-2009 10:42 PM

Moving backward to the OP, Vista 64 will likely never be a qualified OS for PT.

GordonFreeman 08-14-2009 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOM@METRO (Post 1441143)
Moving backward to the OP, Vista 64 will likely never be a qualified OS for PT.

Maybe it will, as an "accident". Because if it works on 7...

Then again.. nah :p

DTheone 08-14-2009 02:03 PM

It does work in windows 7; you have to download the m-audio windows 7 beta drivers. I got it working without any of the suggested tweaks; audio crackles a bit; I'm still fooling with stuff; i'm sure if I get around to the suggested tweaks I can get more use out of it.

Two things happened in this process that are turning me away from protools; I began to use Reaper and I'm beta testing record; My ear got used to the ultrasonic sound engine in both programs. I went back to using Emu's 1212M Pci card btw; and when I went back to the firewire solo and protools; wow; what a difference in sound (ProTools doesn't sound good anymore!

I'm not sure all the effort in getting this to work was worth it; I'm squinting and twisting my mouth just listening to the difference in sound quality between Protools, Reaper and Record......

GordonFreeman 08-14-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTheone (Post 1441563)
I got it working without any of the suggested tweaks; audio crackles a bit;

Then I wouldn't really call it "working", would I? :rolleyes::p:D